Today's data appended into old log file (one year ago, same day and month)

Alberto Villa

Jan 27, 2019, 3:46:42 PM1/27/19
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Hi to the Team,

today (27/01/2019) I've collected some data during a short trip, and once back home I've looked for the log file that I wanted to upload.

I've discovered that the data was appended at the end of an old log file created one year ago, exactly in this same day (27th of January 2018), see file <27970127.log> here enclosed. The added set of data is preceded by (rows 6369, 6370 and 6371):

# NEW LOG
# format=1.3.4nano
# deadtime=on

Two questions:

1) Can I simply cancel the old data of last year, and then upload this file?
2) What about creating file names where also the year is encoded?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Alberto
27970127.log

Jan Helebrant

Jan 28, 2019, 6:11:52 AM1/28/19
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Dear Alberto,
you can use attached file with only data from 2019 (I removed the 2018 data in QGIS). I also recommend (if you want to keep the LOGs on bGeigie SD card) to create a folder on the SD card - best to have something like "LOG_archive" with subfolders like "2017". "2018" etc. and after uploading move the LOG file there.

It will make the navigation in the LOGs easier as new LOGs will be in the root of the SD card while the processed ones will be in the archive. We recommend this to all of our users as we also prefer not to delete LOGs from the SD card.

Regarding the name and year - as I know it is a known problem and has something to do with filename lenght limit which makes it impossible to also add year in the name.

regards

Jan

Dne neděle 27. ledna 2019 21:46:42 UTC+1 Alberto Villa napsal(a):
27970127_2019.LOG

Alberto Villa

Jun 10, 2019, 3:53:59 PM6/10/19
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Thank you very much, Jan!

Alberto