Safecast Drive App, Android

Cyrus Kalbrener

Aug 20, 2019, 10:54:07 AM8/20/19
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
I only have Android devices, so I can't speak to the IOS version, but I have some questions after having used it for a little while.

  1. Is there any way to delete drives recorded by the app from your Android device? I can't imagine that they would stick around forever, but I can't find an option to delete them. Are they stored in a way that they can be manually deleted from the filesystem, or are they in a DB?
  2. "Manage on-device logs" is a button on the "My Drives" screen, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Has it always been this way, or is this a more recent incompatibility? Is there a way to make it useful?
  3. The key for the CPM graph is on the right, which obscures the most recent readings. Is that part of the graph API, or can it be re/moved to the left side of the graph?

Edouard Lafargue

Aug 20, 2019, 11:02:28 AM8/20/19
to Cyrus Kalbrener, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Hi Cyrus,

Have you tried to press the little 'garbage can' icon next to every drive in the drive list? It will delete the drive.

The 'manage on drive logs' button is greyed out for the bGeigie Nano since that device doesn't have the capability. It will work with other devices such as the Medcom Onyx. I should probably remove the button altogether for devices that do not support that feature.

Can you share a screenshot of the problem you see in your last question?

Ed

cyr...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2019, 11:12:26 AM8/20/19
to Edouard Lafargue, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Edouard,

On my Pixel XL, the delete icon (an X in this case) isn't visible w/o scrolling to the right, which had never occurred to me. It never occurred to me to try to scroll to the right until you mentioned it.

The attached screen shot shows how the key for the CPM/AVG graph is obscured by the key.

Screenshot_20190820-101010.png

Edouard Lafargue

Aug 20, 2019, 1:06:12 PM8/20/19
to cyr...@gmail.com, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Got it, thanks!

I have an update that I will push as soon as I can, stay tuned :-)

Ed

Rob Oudendijk

Edouard Lafargue

Aug 22, 2019, 12:46:45 PM8/22/19
to Rob Oudendijk, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
  Hi!

    I have pushed an update to the Android app that should improve the listing of drives quite a bit, looking forward to feedback!

Ed

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/safecast-devices/85183607-367f-4c8e-ab54-2eb7bd3b5198%40googlegroups.com.

Cyrus Kalbrener

Aug 27, 2019, 10:32:33 AM8/27/19
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Drives list is indeed simpler, as is the ability to delete files. Delete button area is a little small; I had it hit it a few times to activate it.