new user and pictures of build

-=BDilley=-

Jan 12, 2018, 5:12:21 PM1/12/18
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
New user here.  I built my bGeigie Nano this past weekend and would like to share some pictures of the build process.  I hope you enjoy.
IMG_2211 (1).jpg
IMG_2225 (1).jpg
IMG_2221 (1).jpg
IMG_2222 (1).jpg
IMG_2223 (1).jpg
IMG_2224 (1).jpg
IMG_2226 (1).jpg
IMG_2227 (1).jpg
IMG_2228 (1).jpg
IMG_2229 (1).jpg
IMG_2230 (1).jpg
IMG_2213 (1).jpg
IMG_2232 (1).jpg
IMG_2239 (1).jpg
IMG_2214 (1).jpg
IMG_2215 (1).jpg
IMG_2216 (1).jpg
IMG_2217 (1).jpg
IMG_2218 (1).jpg
IMG_2219 (1).jpg
IMG_2220 (1).jpg

Mat Schaffer

Jan 12, 2018, 7:19:54 PM1/12/18
to -=BDilley=-, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Welcome! Nice setup you have there :)

Rob Oudendijk

Jan 13, 2018, 4:00:46 AM1/13/18
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Nice job. Did it all worked fine?

regards
rob

-=BDilley=-

Jan 13, 2018, 11:25:18 AM1/13/18
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Yes, everything worked out fine and had no real issues.  I can see how those less technical could easily get confused with following the assembly guide in some spots when building by themselves.  There were some discrepancies in the directions and some steps seems out of order if you were to read top down.  Took about 5 hours to build.  I started contributing data the day after I completed it and it appears I'm the only one in Columbus, Ohio participating.

The three recommendations I have are; read through the assembly guide a few times before you begin, possibly have a technical writer polish the assembly guide up a bit, and the Alarm LED is way to bright, so I'm thinking about swapping out R4 for a higher value resistor.  All of which nothing major.  All in all it was fun to build and now exciting to help contribute data and participate in this project.

One thing I noticed was that with bluetooth there doesn't seem to be any reason to have it in logging mode.  i'm recording on my phone just fine, unless someone can tell me I'm over looking something.  Additionally I find not having my local time displayed a bit annoying.  Especially when I see TZ settings on the SD card.

My next step is to upgrade to firmware 1.3.5 which i'm waiting on a 3..3v FTDI breakout board arrive.  I can't seem to find my old one.  Also in the middle of dissecting the code and thinking about what to use the Fn button for.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob Oudendijk

Jan 14, 2018, 4:54:06 AM1/14/18
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Great to hear you feedback. Be areware the software is really maxed. I if you want to have more memory free use the ascii only version branch I made on Github. This will give you about 6000 byte more to work with.

regards
rob

Azby Brown

Jan 31, 2018, 7:42:02 PM1/31/18
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Welcome, and thanks for your feedback and your uploads!

Azby