Email from Safecast Moderator regarding your Safecast Import - 29810623.log

Erotic Chocoball

Jul 19, 2023, 7:20:56 AM7/19/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
I got an email from the moderator - Azby about my high spark import - 29810623.
-----------
Dear Yongjin, Thank you for your many data contributions. We'd like to know more about this data. Was the data taken on foot, i.e while walking? Was the bGeigie in the case the entire time, or perhaps was it taken out to measure some rocks closely? Most of the data looks fine, just those few high points seem a bit unusual, so we'd like to confirm if possible. Thanks! Azby Brown
-----------

And, I replied on Outlook by responding through that email, but the sender email account seems only for sending, not for receiving. Even though, I just sent out to that sending only email - api-noti...@safecast.org.

I've not created a thread here just for my little issue till now, not to annoy Safecast member's operation / stress. But, I don't know how to reach out to Azby, and also how to communicate moderators. And... I think I've waited long enough. :-)

So, I'm uploading my response here again to get moderator's approval.
Could someone review my log, and proceed to the next step?

Best,
Yongjin

[MY REPLY]
------------
Dear Azby,

This data was taken on foot (while walking) with bGeigie was hanging on my backpack.
At that time, bGeigie was in the case entire time, not put out for measuring some specific spots.

As you might know, rock mountains are comparatively high than other sea level places.
These days, I’m carrying my bGeigie while climbing mountains which peaks are around 1,000m.
And, these abnormal values seem to come up from the rock mountain peak except one which was in the parking lot.

3.35          µSv/h
1118         CPM
139           Log CPM
93             Log CP5s
312           m alt
300           ° heading
2023-06-24
03:18:03  UT

But, I’m not sure this is the right one, but it might be a strong spot there.
I hope the above explanation would be helpful for your confirmation.

And, please also review one more uploaded data which is following.
- https://api.safecast.org/en-US/bgeigie_imports/60313

Best,
Yongjin
------------

Jan Helebrant

Jul 28, 2023, 4:42:57 AM7/28/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Dear  Yongjin,
I am not a moderator but from pure curiosity I found that particular file and checked the values. And also checked the other LOG you attached fere, for comparison.

The attached 29810604.log has nothing "extraordinary" - the values are overall higher and look "naturally" higher on the plot:

29810604_Yongjin_Lee_preview1.jpg

However, the discussed 29810623.log has strange peak value there:

29810623_Yongjin_Lee_preview1.jpg

and if you look on the values in detail you see there is one sudden rise from overall 2-10 pulses per 5 second to 93 pulses and then back:

29810623_Yongjin_Lee_preview2_detail.png

So I would call this an outlier - maybe caused by some HW error... and would remove that part of the measurement. You can use the attached LOG file which has the small part in the toilet / shelter area removed so it is OK for reupload now:

29810623_Yongjin_Lee_mod_preview.jpg

sincerely

Jan
Dne středa 19. července 2023 v 13:20:56 UTC+2 uživatel yongji...@gmail.com napsal:
I got an email from the moderator - Azby about my high spark import - 29810623.
Dear Yongjin, Thank you for your many data contributions. We'd like to know more about this data. Was the data taken on foot, i.e while walking? Was the bGeigie in the case the entire time, or perhaps was it taken out to measure some rocks closely? Most of the data looks fine, just those few high points seem a bit unusual, so we'd like to confirm if possible. Thanks! Azby Brown

And, I replied on Outlook by responding through that email, but the sender email account seems only for sending, not for receiving. Even though, I just sent out to that sending only email - api-notifications@safecast.org.
29810623_Yongjin_Lee_mod.LOG