Large backlog

aso...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2019, 11:43:35 AM4/12/19
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
At this moment there are over 450 logs waiting for approval.
My oldest logs are almost 3 month old.

Is there a problem with the approval, do you need help?

Mat Schaffer

Apr 12, 2019, 7:57:09 PM4/12/19
to aso...@gmail.com, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
I'd certainly appreciate help on the API work.

If you or folks you know are familiar with programming or postgres let me know.

Guessing you maybe meant expanding the moderator group, but pretty sure we'd want some data handling improvements before we start doing that. Not sure though.

Sean Bonner

Apr 12, 2019, 9:00:18 PM4/12/19
to Mat Schaffer, aso...@gmail.com, safecast...@googlegroups.com
Correct, we’re working on software solutions, not adding more moderators. To clarify right now moderators go through the logs and approve them regularly, we have some users who upload over 100 logs at a time so how many logs are awaiting approval at any given time has more to do with recent submissions than backlog, and logs are not always approved in order they are received. If you have an outstanding log that has been waiting more than a few weeks please send us the link to look at it as there may be a reason it hasn’t been approved, and it’s possible you missed an email from a moderator asking for clarification of something.

Thanks
-sean

Sean Bonner
Co-Founder, Director of Global Operations
http://safecast.org

Jan Helebrant

Apr 14, 2019, 7:02:00 AM4/14/19
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Hi,

we have some users who upload over 100 logs at a time

I know, we have about 50 bGeigies and 10 new kits just arrived ;-) ... All data uploaded via one API user. But definitely not so much at a time as we have additional "quality check" so it needs time to prepare data from our users to be ready to upload.
I also considered offering you a help as a moderator but would probably be a conflict of interest as we are also a bGeigie data provider...

I assume something like "automatic approval" (if certain conditions are met) would help you a lot but I am not programmer. I told our users to be patient as you are probably really busy.

regards

Jan

Dne sobota 13. dubna 2019 3:00:18 UTC+2 sean napsal(a):
Correct, we’re working on software solutions, not adding more moderators. To clarify right now moderators go through the logs and approve them regularly,  so how many logs are awaiting approval at any given time has more to do with recent submissions than backlog, and logs are not always approved in order they are received. If you have an outstanding log that has been waiting more than a few weeks please send us the link to look at it as there may be a reason it hasn’t been approved, and it’s possible you missed an email from a moderator asking for clarification of something.

Mat Schaffer

Apr 14, 2019, 7:56:17 PM4/14/19
to Jan Helebrant, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Spot on as usual, Jan :)

The criteria we're planning on are in

Now we just need someone with skills and time to execute on it.

So I've been trying to step up my recruiting game. ;)

Help, of course, is always appreciated.

-Mat