Re: [Safecast Air] Digest for safecast-air@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Catherine Saldutti

Oct 25, 2017, 3:13:23 PM10/25/17
to safeca...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I checked my PM readings and they also have been abnormally high.  You can see that difference in the 10/25 readings alone. I simply restarted my device and that seems to have effected change. However, I am not sure why the high readings nor the restart reset occurred.  Device id #50005.

Also I will be taking this device offline for one week beginning Friday since we will be away and I need to lock the doors propped open by the extension cord.  :-)

Best,
Catherine

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 7:43 PM, <safeca...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Alberto Villa <alberto...@gmail.com>: Oct 24 02:08PM -0700

Hi to the team,

recently I've had to vacuum-clean again the air sensor, to bring the PM
readings back to more "normal" values.
The attached document shows the steep improvement after cleaning.

It is the third time that this happens since the unit (#50011) started
working. Anybody else has had similar problems?
Should the cleaning be included in a periodic maintenance routine?

I wonder how relaible can be considered the measurements of my unit...

Regards,

Alberto

Alberto Villa

Oct 31, 2017, 5:46:51 PM10/31/17
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Great, Catherine!

Telepathy exists, after all...:-) You've done what I was planning perform in the following weeks, because I had the same doubts: were the temporary improvements I observed due to the cleaning of the sensor, or only to the switching off and on again of the device (with possible internal resets)?

I will soon try to restart the unit just as you did, without cleaning the sensor. Better: without even touching the case. Then I'll post the results.

Cheers,

Alberto
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to safecast-air...@googlegroups.com.