Huge bursts of PM10 values only

Alberto Villa

Nov 22, 2017, 1:35:55 PM11/22/17
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Hi to the team,

Checking the PM fluctuations of this month I have noticed agian a group of extremely high burts (up to about 11000 ug/m3), but associated ONLY with PM10.

PM1 and PM2.5 remained in their "normal" ranges. This hapened after some days of heavy rain, when the particulate concentrations were quite low but the relative humidity remained very high for several consecutive days, as can be seen in the attached diagrams. Maybe electrical isolation problems?

The graphs are shown in the attached pdf.

It is the second time this year that something like this occurs. The first episode happened in June, but with enormous NEGATIVE values affecting all three PMs.

Hoping to be helful, best regards.

Alberto

Bursts of abnormally high PM values.pdf

Alberto Villa

Jan 25, 2018, 1:10:14 PM1/25/18
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Recently I have discovered that since a long time my ADSL connection from home to the central (2-3 km away) is quite unstable, with short microinterruptions here and then.

I wonder if these line faults may have been the cause of the randomly occurring abnormal PM values. Repair work has been started, and I will keep the situation under control, hoping to see spurious-free recorded data.

By the way: the original AC mains supply has been substituted with a very heavily low-pass filtered one, to exclude the effects of mains line transients on the integrity of the PM data.

A first wall-plug regulator delivers 12 V to a low-pass filter (preceded by a 15 V Transzorb surge suppressor), connected to a (well filtered) switching regulator that delivers 5 V to the air kit (see photos).

Let's see what happens...

Alberto
12V-5V_filtered switching regulator_1.jpg
12V-5V_filtered switching regulator_2.jpg