Again very high bursts of PM10 values, up to >6300 ug/m3

Alberto Villa

Dec 18, 2017, 4:04:17 PM12/18/17
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Hi to the team,

Again a group of extremely high burts of PM10 only occurred recently (up to about 6360 ug/m3 max.).
The PM1 and PM2.5 remained in their "normal" ranges.

Everything went back to normal operation by itself, without having to restart the unit.

See the attached pdf.

I think it's unlikely that it could have been a power supply transients problem, because only the PM10 was affected.

In any case, I have prepared a multi-stage supply system: a 230 V AC to 12 V DC regulator (transformer-based) cascaded with a 15V surge-limiter diode, an RC low-pass filter (with a drop of a couple of V) and completed with a 9-18V to 5V / 1A DC-DC switching regulator (preceded and followed by "heavy" ripple filtering). I will soon install it in place of the original wall-plug supply, and see what happens.

Hoping to be helful, best regards.

Alberto
Again abnormally high PM10 values.pdf