PM abnormal readings again: random sequences of zeros and huge negative values

Alberto Villa

Jun 19, 2017, 3:56:56 AM6/19/17
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Hi to the Team,

As shown in the attached graphs, my unit (50011) seems to have again some problems with the PM readings (temperature and humidity are always OK).

In the last weeks some sequences of zeros appeared randomly, followed by two "bursts" of incredibly huge NEGATIVE values of all three PMs
(< -10^29!).

Any idea about the possible causes? Maybe unstable contacts in the wiring that connects the sensor to the main board, like in John's case (see his post of April 26)?

In the meanwhile I will switch off the unit and bring it indoors for an electrical check (and vacuum cleaning, as I did last time...)

Thank you very much and best regards,

Alberto
Abnormal PM values again.pdf

Alberto Villa

Jun 19, 2017, 4:11:06 PM6/19/17
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
I have checked the continuity of the cables between Alphasense and motherboard, stressing a bit the wires close to the connectors. Everything OK and stable.

Alberto