borrowing/buying/renting an air quality kit?

Colin Rowat

May 7, 2018, 5:25:41 AM5/7/18
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
My sons and I have enjoyed using SafeCast's bGeigie on trips around Japan.  (Last month, we uploaded an 1000km "drive" from Tokyo harbour down to the Ogasawara islands by ferry.)

We're off to Beijing next month, so have been wondering whether there are similar citizen science initiatives for logging air quality - and have just realised that SafeCast is already onto it.

Can anyone tell me how I could buy/borrow/rent a kit for a week or so?  (The link to Kithub's page from https://blog.safecast.org/2016/08/air-quality-beta-kit/ is broken; searching on Kithub didn't find any air quality kits.)

Thanks,

Colin

Sean Bonner, Safecast

May 7, 2018, 7:15:57 AM5/7/18
to safeca...@googlegroups.com, Colin Rowat
Hi Colin!

Thanks so much, glad you’ve been having fun with it!

Right now there is no air quality kit available. The beta test you linked to below has run it’s course already and while we have some air quality units up and running they primarily for our testing and we don’t have anything publicly available at this point, but also all the air sensors are static (in that they are quite large and they need to just sit still in one place to take readings). Stay tuned, more soon!

Have a fun trip!
-s

Sean Bonner

Co-Founder, Director of Global Operations

Safecast.org | pgp key

Richard Wood

May 9, 2018, 3:24:19 PM5/9/18
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Thank you for the Air Quality monitor update, is there any plans to release the dual detector I've seen noted?  It is kind of hard to follow what's going on with the test devices.
Is there a plan to release a dual tube detector, if so what analytic tools would be in safecast for the data?

Kyle Slinn