Gas flaring study

Leonore Schick

May 22, 2017, 6:29:29 AM5/22/17
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Hello.

I learn about Safecast yesterday and have a few questions about how it works.
I am London-based, and working with On Our Radar on an ImpactAfrica grant to assess the health impacts of gas flaring in the Niger Delta.
We have done some preliminary reporting with our established network of trained citizen reporters in the Delta, which includes some rainwater PH testing. I am in touch with scientists who have done some air quality testing.
We've also put together this map and graph using VIIRS data: http://mappingforgood.com/onourradar/
We are looking to do air quality testing if it is at all feasible. The aim is to make any data we get public.

So, in this context:
- is Solarcast the way you are currently testing for PM2.5? Is it purchasable?
- do you know of public data on air quality in Nigeria (outside of city centres)?

Any tips or advice on going about this project is welcome!