Do you have any calibration procedure?

Karen Forero

Mar 1, 2018, 1:08:39 PM3/1/18
to Safecast Air Quality Discussion

I have two safecast air working with OPC sensors by Alphasense and I get two significantly different measurements. I wonder if you already found the same issue and if you created some kind of calibration procedure. I appreciate if you can help me with some information about it.

Sean Bonner, Safecast

Mar 1, 2018, 7:12:44 PM3/1/18
to safeca...@googlegroups.com, Karen Forero
The Alphasense OPC is “factory calibrated” but one of the issues we’ve seen with it is that dust and bugs can get n them impacting readings, they are very sensitive to humidity but also to power, so if you have different quality power going to each them that can significantly impact the measurements coming off them. I’d say swap the power on them first and see if the readings change on each as thats the easiest issue to change, you can also blow them out with canned air to try and clear out any gunk...

-s

Sean Bonner

Co-Founder, Director of Global Operations

Safecast.org | pgp key