Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Zach Krapfl

no leída,
9 oct 2017, 10:53:45 p.m.9/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Hi All- I am interested in establishing a baseline air quality data set in Western Colorado (paonia). We have early onset of air quality issues w.r.t. fracking processes as well as recurring winter local air issues with locals using non epa Phase II wood stoves and some coal fired boilers. As part of a local non profit focused on conservation, we would like to show data and highlight days with adverse air quality as an educational and citizen science example of tangible local environmental air quality. We have two optimal locations for monitoring and have the resources to monitor and load data on a continuous basis. How can we help?

Thanks for reading
Zach

Zach Krapfl

no leída,
13 oct 2017, 9:06:22 a.m.13/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion
As a follow up- I believe we would be looking at a myriad of air quality measurements-  PM, CO, CO2, HC's, Methane, SOX/NOx, PB.  Possible?

Rob Oudendijk

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 1:55:47 a.m.14/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion
I made test with MICS6814 for Eyes Japan. That sensor can detect most of the gasses you are mentioning.

Regards,
Rob

Zach Krapfl

no leída,
14 oct 2017, 9:22:36 a.m.14/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Thanks Rob-  Do you think the data received from that sensor would be considered reliable?

Rob Oudendijk

no leída,
15 oct 2017, 8:42:27 a.m.15/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion

Zach Krapfl

no leída,
18 oct 2017, 11:39:39 a.m.18/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Thanks-  Forgive my ignorance here, do we have anyone building up the boxes or is each individual interested party constructing their own?

Zach

James Petts

no leída,
18 oct 2017, 12:30:27 p.m.18/10/2017
para safeca...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely interested in building something when a prototype kit becomes available.

Zach Krapfl

no leída,
18 oct 2017, 6:23:01 p.m.18/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion
We too would like to do the same and help get more of these out there.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Zach Krapfl <zkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks-  Forgive my ignorance here, do we have anyone building up the boxes or is each individual interested party constructing their own?

Zach

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 6:42:27 AM UTC-6, Rob Oudendijk wrote:
Zach,

regards
rob

On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 11:55:47 PM UTC-6, Rob Oudendijk wrote:
I made test with MICS6814 for Eyes Japan. That sensor can detect most of the gasses you are mentioning.

Regards,
Rob

Sean Bonner, Safecast

no leída,
18 oct 2017, 9:36:51 p.m.18/10/2017
para safeca...@googlegroups.com,Zach Krapfl
Hi Folks-

Sorry this can be confusing so I’ll try and clarify a bit… Right now the only “official” air quality work that we are doing is as part of the Solarcast sensors, we have a deployment in Los Angeles right now:

As well as a few other spots around the world. This is an all in one device that we are manufacturing in batches, we’re trying to fundraise for the next batch right now. It’s not a kit and it communicates with us over our own cellular account.

We previously had the “air quality beta kit” which was a kid, and for a limited beta test which has run it’s course - some of what we learned in that made it’s way into the solarcast.

We’re not doing anything else right now, though individual people might be looking at things personally, from a Safecast level this is it.

We’d love to get more sensors out, but we need to make them in batches (not one at a time by hand) and it’s only measuring particulate so it’s all about finding the support to make it happen. The first batch of 30 devices was funded by a few grants in Los Angeles, would be great to find similar opportunities to deploy more…

-s

Sean Bonner

Co-Founder, Director of Global Operations

Safecast.org | pgp key

signature.asc

Zach Krapfl

no leída,
19 oct 2017, 12:19:28 a.m.19/10/2017
para Safecast Air Quality Discussion
Thanks Sean for the clarification.  Would there be an opportunity for duplication of boxes already created using the same backbone but potentially utilizing additional or different sensors that Rob mentions above?  By duplication, I don't mean within your current resources, but potentially outside yet still open source and with data sharing?

Cheers-
ZK

Sean Bonner, Safecast

no leída,
19 oct 2017, 6:56:24 a.m.19/10/2017
para safeca...@googlegroups.com,Zach Krapfl
Hi Zack-

So, Safecast isn’t supporting any of the sensors that Rob mentions which is kind of the issue. So you could certainly build a device with them, but we wouldn’t trust it because we don’t trust those sensors. That’s kind of the problem right now with AQ in general is that so many of the sensors on the market are unreliable. So we’re sticking with the particulate only right now…

-s

Sean Bonner

Co-Founder, Director of Global Operations

Safecast.org | pgp key

signature.asc
Responder a todos
Responder al autor