Import from SafeDesktop to Safe

1 view

franchini...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2007, 11:54:52 AM10/24/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Hi. Sorry for my english. I'm using SafeDesktop 0.94 on my pc and Safe
2.3.2 on my new Nokia 6288. I use the USB cable to connect the Nokia
to the PC. I want to import the data that I write in the SafeDestop to
the mobile, but I don't know how. I receive an error message: error
caused by security breach. Access denied... Which "Location" and "Path
and filename" must I use?
Regards.

Thomas King

Oct 24, 2007, 12:13:41 PM10/24/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Franchini,
thanks for using Safe and SafeDesktop!

I think you mix two different approaches up. The first approach is
synchronizing and the second one importing and exporting. How to setup the
former is described in
http://groups.google.com/group/safe_and_safedesktop/browse_thread/thread/2e2081615e12cbd4# .

The latter means that you export your data stored inside Safe to later import
it. This supports backuping your sensitive data and switching phones.

Best regards,
Thomas

franchini...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2007, 7:15:50 AM10/29/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Ok. So, if I understood correctly, the only way to import data from
Safedesktop to Safe is "synchronizing" and this is possible only
through an IP connection. But, if I have not an IP connection, how can
I import the data from Safedesktop to Safe on mobile?
Regards

Maurizio

On 24 Ott, 17:13, Thomas King <k...@t-king.de> wrote:
> Hi Franchini,
> thanks for using Safe and SafeDesktop!
>
> I think you mix two different approaches up. The first approach is
> synchronizing and the second one importing and exporting. How to setup the

> former is described inhttp://groups.google.com/group/safe_and_safedesktop/browse_thread/thr....

> The latter means that you export your data stored inside Safe to later import
> it. This supports backuping your sensitive data and switching phones.
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas
>

> On Wednesday 24 October 2007 05:54:52 pm franchini.mauri...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Hi. Sorry for my english. I'm using SafeDesktop 0.94 on my pc and Safe
> > 2.3.2 on my new Nokia 6288. I use the USB cable to connect the Nokia
> > to the PC. I want to import the data that I write in the SafeDestop to
> > the mobile, but I don't know how. I receive an error message: error
> > caused by security breach. Access denied... Which "Location" and "Path
> > and filename" must I use?

> > Regards.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Thomas King

Oct 30, 2007, 1:43:09 PM10/30/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maurizio,
the cool guys from motorolafans.com posted a step-by-step guide for using
import and export for exchanging data between Safe and SafeDesktop. I hope
this is helpful for you:
http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12506

Cheers,
Thomas

franchini...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2007, 10:34:17 AM10/31/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Hi. I've tried this step-by-step guide; I copied the file
safe_encrypted.xml to the root of SD card. But when I try to import in
Safe I received this error message: "Error caused by security beach.
Access denied..."
Regards

Maurizio

franchini...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2007, 10:36:39 AM10/31/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
I'm sorry. Is "breach", not "beach".

Thomas King

Oct 31, 2007, 10:56:49 AM10/31/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
So, you are able to export the data but if you try to import the data you get
an error message with a text as stated in your last email? Is this correct?
Do you allow Safe to access your data? This must be enabled in your phone
somewhere in the application manager. Please double-check that you are not
denying the reading of user data.

Best regards,
Thomas