rootpassword vergessen

Flyin...@googlemail.com

Nov 15, 2007, 4:24:20 PM11/15/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Hallo,

ich habe eine Version von safe auf meinem e50. Leider habe ich das
rootpassword vergessen. Gibt es ene Möglichkeit, das Programm
irgendwie zu deinstallieren und anschließend wieder zu installieren,
so daß es resetet ist?
Würde mich über eine Antwort echt freuen...

Danke & Grüße

Andi

Thomas King

Nov 15, 2007, 5:18:52 PM11/15/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com, Flyin...@googlemail.com
Sorry for all the only-english speaking people. I am going to reply to Andi's
message in German because I do not know if Andi speaks English. In case you
need a translated version of my reply just drop me an email. ;-)

Hallo Andi,
also, wenn du Safe einfach "nochmals" installierst, dann sollte dich dein E50
Fragen, ob du die Applikationsdaten behalten moechtest. Wenn du das
verneinst, dann sollte Safe nach der Neuinstallation wieder im "leeren"
Zustand sein. Melde dich bitte kurz, ob dies so funktioniert hat. Und noch
weiterhin viel Spass mit Safe.

Viele Gruesse
Thomas

FlyingAndi

Nov 17, 2007, 11:27:10 AM11/17/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Hello,

sorry about the german. For shure we can continue in english. Thanks
for your quick reply.
You solution works. I've reinstalled safe and it asked me of copying
application data. After answering with no, safe was empty.
I've another question:
Is there a uninstall routine available? What is the easiest way to
uninstall safe?

Thanks & Regards

Andi

On 15 Nov., 23:18, Thomas King <k...@t-king.de> wrote:
> Sorry for all the only-english speaking people. I am going to reply to Andi's
> message in German because I do not know if Andi speaks English. In case you
> need a translated version of my reply just drop me an email. ;-)
>
> Hallo Andi,
> also, wenn du Safe einfach "nochmals" installierst, dann sollte dich dein E50
> Fragen, ob du die Applikationsdaten behalten moechtest. Wenn du das
> verneinst, dann sollte Safe nach der Neuinstallation wieder im "leeren"
> Zustand sein. Melde dich bitte kurz, ob dies so funktioniert hat. Und noch
> weiterhin viel Spass mit Safe.
>
> Viele Gruesse
> Thomas

Thomas King

Nov 17, 2007, 2:27:55 PM11/17/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andi,
I am glad to hear that my hint helped you to fix the problem.

Cell-phones are responsible to install and uninstall J2ME applications (such
as Safe). So, please check the settings of your phone to uninstall Safe from
your phone. For your E50 please go to Tools -> Application Manager. There you
will find a list of applications that are installed on your phone. The
application manager also provides means to delete applications.

Btw: Why do you want to delete Safe??? ;-)

Best regards,
Thomas

FlyingAndi

Nov 17, 2007, 5:52:05 PM11/17/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Hi Thomas,

I just wanted to know because I installed by a friend of mine and he
don't want to use it. So he asked me how to uninstall. If I want to
remove the phone just tells me "safe kann nicht gelöscht werden" Maybe
you know another way.

Thanks

Andi

Thomas King

Nov 17, 2007, 7:45:05 PM11/17/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andi,
that is weird. Actually, I don't know another method to uninstall J2ME
applications. Is your friend also using a E50?

Best regards,
Thomas

FlyingAndi

Dec 7, 2007, 1:56:45 AM12/7/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Hi again,

sorry for answering so late. Yes my friend also has an E50. You just
wrote you don't know "another" method to uninstal, but what is the
method you know?

Regards

Andreas

Thomas King

Dec 13, 2007, 6:54:20 AM12/13/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas:
the method I know is the one you talked about in few emails earlier. Using the
application manager is a common way to install and uninstall J2ME
applications. As I told you, I do not know another method to uninstall Safe.
Sorry, I am afraid I cannot help you with this issue.

Cheers,
Thomas