Where is the safe.xml file on the desktop ?

heimi

Sep 18, 2007, 4:29:01 PM9/18/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Hi,
I try Safe and Safe Desktop at the moment. I wonder what is the
easiest way to sync the Desktop data to my phone. Easiest would be to
export the data from the desktop Version where the data is entered
first. But there is no export function in the desktop Application.
Regards
Andreas

heimi

Sep 18, 2007, 5:17:30 PM9/18/07
to Safe_and_SafeDesktop
Ok, forget the Question. At least I found the file. And I also got it
managed to import the complete Desktop File into the phone. Great
Application. This was the Application i missed hardly on my none-
smartphone phone most. Thanks a lot for providing us such a great
tool.

One flaw: When I imported 2 Entries, the second one was cut when a
german Umlaut (ö) was in the content of the section. When I typed oe
instead, I was able to sync the whole entry without data loss.

Kind Regards from Köln ;-)
Andreas

Thomas King

Sep 18, 2007, 8:02:41 PM9/18/07
to safe_and_s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,
thanks for using Safe and SafeDesktop. :-)
As you already figured out, the files are stored in a subdictory
called .SafeDesktop in your home folder. The files are named
safe_encrypted.xml and safe_md5.xml.

I also use special characters such as "ä,ö,ü" in my entries. However, for me
the synchronization works pretty well and you are the first who reports
problems with special characters. How did you create the file you imported?
Is it encoded by using UTF-8? Please give some more details about your setup
to make it easier for me to pin-point the error.

Cheers,
Thomas