Let's get this going!

Ash Roughani, Public Innovation

Jan 13, 2013, 1:54:56 PM1/13/13
to sac...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just wanted to ping this group for a quick pulse check.  SacWiki.org does not appear to be very active, but I think we can get some momentum going.  Are the Thursday 2-4pm meetups still happening?  I invite all of you to check out CivicMeet Sacramento:

It's the perfect space to recruit and develop wiki editors.  Sorry for the lack of introduction; like I said, I'm just checking the pulse of this group.

Stay warm!

:: ash

Public Innovation
s: facebook // @p_blic

Nicholas Barry

Jan 14, 2013, 10:59:15 AM1/14/13
to Ash Roughani, Public Innovation, sac...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Ash,

I'm pretty sure the meet-ups aren't still happening, unfortunately. Good idea, though! I'm not sure there's really anyone working actively on Sacwiki right now.

Nicholas Barry
(530) 213 3312

Davis Dollars community currency
davisdollars.org

Ronnie Ledesma

Jan 14, 2013, 1:03:53 PM1/14/13
to Nicholas Barry, sac...@googlegroups.com, Ash Roughani, Public Innovation

A meet up sounds great.

Ash Roughani, Public Innovation

Jan 17, 2013, 5:57:42 PM1/17/13
to Ronnie Ledesma, Nicholas Barry, sac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Nicholas and Ronnie for your feedback!  I haven't at all forgot about this.

And, I'm a little embarrassed because I didn't realize how much good content is already on the wiki!  Nonetheless, I think it would be great to take some ownership, not just for content generation and updating, but also to raise awareness and adoption rates.

As background, I'm trying to get a nonprofit, Public Innovation, off the ground to build a civic innovation and social entrepreneurship ecosystem in the Sacramento region.  There's a very deliberate idea generation >> development >> deployment process I want to employ.  As part of the idea generation piece, I started CivicMeet Sacramento, which is a series of monthly meetups for people with different perspectives to co-design improvements to public services or solutions to problems.

You can read about the first meetup here:

The second meetup will be on Feb. 23. Anyone interested in attending is welcome to register at:

And, finally, for the whole point of this email... CivicMeet participants break into groups and tackle an issue area of their choice.  This month's meetup is only the second one, but I'm experimenting with a crowdsourcing platform to narrow the range of topics before the meetup.  So I've included SacWiki.org as a candidate topic for the breakout teams.  If you have a second, it would be great if you could vote on it:

I literally just put this up, so that's why there's no activity yet.  But the basic point is that there's lots of creative human capital in Sacramento and CivicMeet is a place for developing ideas and organizing projects.  Hopefully we can build some momentum around SacWiki.org.

#ash

Public Innovation

Barry, Nicholas

Jan 17, 2013, 7:55:55 PM1/17/13
to Ash Roughani, Public Innovation, Ronnie Ledesma, Nicholas Barry, sac...@googlegroups.com, nikobarry...@gmail.com

That all looks great, Ash! I wish I could make it to the meet-up. I’m usually back in Davis, where I live, by that time.

I just went on your crowdsourcing platform to vote.

Nicholas Barry

Senator Darrell Steinberg's office

(916) 651 1529 district office

Bill Leddy

Feb 23, 2013, 2:55:05 PM2/23/13
to sac...@googlegroups.com
I and several others are at Hacker Lab today working on ideas to revitalize and extend Sac Wiki.

Philip Neustrom

Feb 23, 2013, 3:17:22 PM2/23/13
to Bill Leddy, sac...@googlegroups.com
Woo!! Excited to hear!

-Philip

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sacwiki editors" group.

Ronnie Ledesma

Feb 23, 2013, 4:05:54 PM2/23/13
to Bill Leddy, sac...@googlegroups.com

Excellent. I'd love to meet up with a group for an hour on Thursdays to bring some life, aka, content, to it.

Jack Haskel

Mar 6, 2013, 4:06:15 PM3/6/13
to sac...@googlegroups.com
I'm also interested in an edit-a-thon or whatever we'd call it. But for me, it's got to be on a weekday evening.

Are there four people that want to meet on Wednesday the 13th at 5:45pm? I can find a location downtown/midtown.

Ash Roughani, Public Innovation

Mar 6, 2013, 4:39:43 PM3/6/13
to Jack Haskel, sac...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I can't make it on the 13th, but Code for Sacramento is holding its first meetup on Tuesday, March 19:

The main focus of the meetup is to get organized, which could be a huge boost for Sac Wiki's long-term growth.  Since the meetup starts at 7pm, I'd be happy to meet earlier and do some edits.  But I really think we could get 50-100 people to participate in a mass edit-a-thon if we focus on creating demand (many folks are saying that there's great content already posted and that we should work on raising awareness).  That could even be part of the National Day of Civic Hacking.

Weekly meetups are definitely a good idea, but the trick is going to be finding a day that works for everyone.  I would love to sync up the Sac Wiki development with Code for Sacramento's activities.  However, the Wiki is a community resource, so the reality is that much of its growth will come from the community and not necessarily the result of coordinated activities.  Having said that, coordination could be the booster shot for making it pop.

phoebe ayers

Mar 6, 2013, 4:42:55 PM3/6/13
to Jack Haskel, sac...@googlegroups.com
I'm in! I can meet on Wedneday eve.

cheers,
Phoebe

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Jack Haskel <jack....@gmail.com> wrote:

Ronnie Ledesma

Mar 6, 2013, 5:23:12 PM3/6/13
to phoebe ayers, Jack Haskel, sac...@googlegroups.com
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are usually fairly open for me. Even if we have different groups meeting on different days, let's get something going.

I'm usually in the Arden Arcade area. I think I could land a meeting spot on one of those days that has free wifi and a bathroom. It's also walking distance to four or five restaurants.

If there's a group that prefers downtown, I think I could get us regular meeting space once a week for an hour. It also has free wifi and a bathroom. This location is in walking distance of some restaurants and coffee shops.

We could also rotate each week to a different area. I'm sure we could get a few locations that are happy to have us in exchange for some mentions online on social networks and for adding some content to the wiki for them.

Let me know if anyone is interested in any of these ideas and I can get started on setting this up.

  Ronnie Ledesma, Marketing Professional
  (916) 529-8800 | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn

  Social Media Club, Sacramento
  SMCSAC.ORG | smc...@smcsac.orgTwitter | Google+ | Facebook | LinkedIn Group

  TEDx Sacramento
  TEDxSacramento.com | Twitter | Facebook

Powered by BrandMyMail

Ash Roughani, Public Innovation

Mar 15, 2013, 2:54:21 AM3/15/13
to Ronnie Ledesma, phoebe ayers, Jack Haskel, sac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sac Wiki Team,

Just a reminder that we have two meetups coming up where any of you are welcome to work on the wiki:

Code for Sacramento, Tuesday March 19

CivicMeet Sacramento #4: Wednesday, March 27

#ash

Public Innovation

Jack Haskel

Mar 15, 2013, 11:00:53 AM3/15/13
to Ash Roughani, Public Innovation, Ronnie Ledesma, phoebe ayers, Jack Haskel, sac...@googlegroups.com
I just signed up for the civicmeet event. If you see me there, please introduce yourself! :)

Sent from my phone..

"Ash Roughani, Public Innovation" <a...@publicinnovation.org> wrote:

>Hi Sac Wiki Team,
>
>Just a reminder that we have two meetups coming up where any of you are
>welcome to work on the wiki:
>

>*Code for Sacramento, Tuesday March 19*
>http://www.meetup.com/cfabrigade/Sacramento-CA/887512/
>
>*CivicMeet Sacramento #4: Wednesday, March 27*
>http://civicmeetsac4.eventbrite.com/
>
>#ash
>
>*Public Innovation*
>(916) 835-9607
>publicinnovation.org
>Like <https://facebook.com/PublicInnovation> //
>@p_blic<https://twitter.com/p_blic>

>On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Ronnie Ledesma <ronnie...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> **

>> Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are usually fairly open for me. Even if
>> we have different groups meeting on different days, let's get something
>> going.
>>
>> I'm usually in the Arden Arcade area. I think I could land a meeting spot
>> on one of those days that has free wifi and a bathroom. It's also walking
>> distance to four or five restaurants.
>>
>> If there's a group that prefers downtown, I think I could get us regular
>> meeting space once a week for an hour. It also has free wifi and a
>> bathroom. This location is in walking distance of some restaurants and
>> coffee shops.
>>
>> We could also rotate each week to a different area. I'm sure we could get
>> a few locations that are happy to have us in exchange for some mentions
>> online on social networks and for adding some content to the wiki for them.
>>
>> Let me know if anyone is interested in any of these ideas and I can get
>> started on setting this up.
>>

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Ronnie Ledesma, Marketing Professional
>> (916) 529-8800 | Twitter <http://twitter.com/ronnieledesma> | Google+<http://gplus.to/ronnieledesma>|
>> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnieledesma>
>>
>> * Social Media Club, Sacramento*
>> SMCSAC.ORG <http://smcsac.org> | smc...@smcsac.org | Twitter<http://twitter.com/smcsac>|
>> Google+ <https://plus.google.com/u/0/103251109624148242561/posts> |
>> Facebook <http://fb.com/smcsac> | LinkedIn Group<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2001655>
>>
>> * TEDx Sacramento*
>> * *TEDxSacramento.com <http://tedxsacramento.com> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/tedxsacramento>|
>> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/tedxsacramento>
>>

>> ------------------------------
>>

>> Powered by BrandMyMail
>> <http://www.brandmymail.com/?utm_source=mail_signature_inject&utm_medium=bmm_mail>

>> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I'm in! I can meet on Wedneday eve.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Phoebe

>> *Ronnie Ledesma*
>> 916-529-8800
>> Powered by BrandMyMail<http://www.brandmymail.com/?utm_source=mail&utm_medium=bmm_mail>

Richard Julian

Mar 27, 2013, 1:52:29 PM3/27/13
to sac...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ash and everyone,

Can't make the civicmeet, but I spend a fair amount of time at the Hacker Lab. I'll try to rally the troops there if I can. Sacwiki just needs a good marketing team and posed as an alternative to yelp. I hate using yelp. Maybe getting together a group for like two hours of just updating/editing the wiki would be useful.

-Richard

Ronnie Ledesma

Mar 27, 2013, 2:13:04 PM3/27/13
to Jack Haskel, Ash Roughani, Public Innovation, phoebe ayers, sac...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could make it. Monday through Wednesday is always booked solid for me. Hope to connect soon. :)

Jack Haskel

Mar 27, 2013, 2:15:46 PM3/27/13
to Ronnie Ledesma, Ash Roughani, Public Innovation, phoebe ayers, sac...@googlegroups.com
Bah! I crossed my schedule and won't be able to make it to CivicMeet tonight. Perhaps next time!