Is anyone out there? Sacramento LocalWiki

1 view

Seaver Klug

Jun 10, 2020, 3:26:50 PM6/10/20
to Sacwiki editors
Hey folks, my name's Seaver Klug and I'm a resident of Oak Park, Sacramento, California.

I've been working on a permaculture / reclamation-type Art Garden project for a while now, and just created a page for it on the LocalWiki Sacramento instance.

I used the Davis Wiki back in the early 2010's while at UCD, and it was great for finding reliable info in a time where social sites did not have as much penetration - where we were not all "plugged in" quite so thoroughly as we are now.

As local newspapers shut down, and mainstream media sources discredit themselves or face their own economic challenges, perhaps the time has come again for community-controlled, citizen-reporting-led information resources like this wiki.

I will probably keep posting new stuff on this Wiki as I find stuff to post about, and would appreciate connecting with any of you to discuss the wiki!

Regards,
Seaver