Clobbered

lee xanthippe

Sep 21, 2009, 4:47:18 PM9/21/09
to sacramentoc...@googlegroups.com, Les Light
Hello,
My friend was assaulted on his bike by someone in an SUV with a baseball bat.  If you could please post this on the Critical Mass site/group, it'd be much appreciated.  He had some trouble posting to the group.
Thanks,
Lee

Sep 22, 2009, 10:57:44 AM9/22/09
to Sacramento Critical Mass
Les, if you're reading this, you should definitely fill out a police
report; even if you didn't, someone else might have seen the incident
and reported it or been similarly assaulted and managed to make out
the license plate. In either case, you might be able to give the
police a little more to go on.

--Ryan

On Sep 21, 1:47 pm, lee xanthippe <leexanthi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> My friend was assaulted on his bike by someone in an SUV with a baseball bat.  If you could please post this on the Critical Mass site/group, it'd be much appreciated.  He had some trouble posting to the group.
> Thanks,
> Lee

Muriel

Sep 22, 2009, 11:03:30 AM9/22/09
to sacramentoc...@googlegroups.com
you can file police reports online at www.sacpd.org/reports/fileonline/

Muriel Strand, P.E.
www.sustainablecalpers.blogspot.com
www.sustainablesacramento.blogspot.com

On Sep 21, 2009, at 1:47 PM, lee xanthippe wrote:

> Hello,
> My friend was assaulted on his bike by someone in an SUV with a
> baseball bat. If you could please post this on the Critical Mass
> site/group, it'd be much appreciated. He had some trouble posting
> to the group.
> Thanks,
> Lee

guphy

Sep 22, 2009, 1:23:31 PM9/22/09
to sacramentoc...@googlegroups.com
I was riding down J street near 20th about a year ago and a fellow leaned out of a car in an attempt (probably fake) to grab me and I filed a police report because I did get the license plate number. You can just file the report online and then a police officer will call to confirm some details. I am not usually a fan of involving The Man, but bike riders have enough to deal with every day without adding assault from cars.

Erik Skall

Sep 22, 2009, 4:21:50 PM9/22/09
to sacramentoc...@googlegroups.com
I have been yelled at by motorists several times around town.  I have also been sprayed with a water gun, which was actually quite refreshing.  I was startled by an air horn that was intentionally honked at me.  I have been cut off numerous times, often by oblivious drivers.  During a Sac cm ride last year I witnessed a car intentionally swerve towards a few cyclists on 15th st.  I was arrested at the SF cm in June for approaching a police officer about a pedestrian who tried to trip a passing masser.  I was charged for disrupting traffic.  Riding ain't easy, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much it is was.

Muriel

Sep 6, 2010, 2:39:44 PM9/6/10
to sacramentoc...@googlegroups.com