Bike groups invited to Sac State Earth Day

Thuha Tran

Mar 23, 2010, 3:04:48 AM3/23/10
to sacramentoc...@googlegroups.com, sha...@sacbikekitchen.org, Elizabeth Martinez
Dear Everyone at Critical Mass and Sacramento Bicycle Kitchen,

Environmental advocacy groups are invited to participate in this year's Earth Day Festival at Sacramento State on April 22nd, 2010.  When the Environmental Students Organization (ESO) invited Sacramento Food Not Bombs to table, I signed myself up to do it as an FNB volunteer and then thought, Wouldn't it be great to see other groups I support, like Sac CM and SBK, there, too?  I have been in touch with Elizabeth of ESO over this.  Some ideas about bringing bike groups into the festival have already been thrown around by ESO.  See e-mail below.  They have grand ideas for your group's hoped for attendance!

What do the groups think?  Do your groups want to reach out to the Sac State population on your role as community/environmental/bicycle advocates?  Things I could see happening: tabling, Massing on campus, small bike repairs for donations, soliciting volunteers, etc.  Any way, in the least, I would be more than happy to carry flyers for Mass rides and SBK shop info myself along with my FNB materials.

Seeking suggestions, approval, and discussion.

Also, surely, other environmental/bike groups invited.  Please join in or spread the word.

Yours,
Thuha Tran