The future?

Ryan Sharpe

Apr 11, 2011, 11:07:35 AM4/11/11
to Sacramento Critical Mass
If you can, take a moment and read this article about LA's CicLAvia:
http://www.peoplepoweredmovement.org/site/index.php/site/blog/3239/

When Brenda, Mo, and I decided to restart Sacramento Critical Mass
back in 2007, our vision for it was exactly what you see in CicLAvia
and San Francisco's Sunday Streets: hundreds of thousands of people
out on the streets, enjoying their city in a whole new way and without
automobiles choking up the air, clogging the sightlines, threatening
life and limb, and blocking human-to-human connection.

Does anyone else have this vision, and can we do this here in
Sacramento?

--Ryan S.

Smith, Richard

Apr 11, 2011, 11:39:01 AM4/11/11
to sacramentoc...@googlegroups.com
I wish we could. I have been totally slacking on showing up to the last Friday's for quite a few months now and feel bad about that. I will start showing up from now on (when I can, of course). I always had a great time riding around with other Critical Mass people even when the police were constantly harassing us. It was just sad when some started to get arrested and/or cited for the smallest infraction('s). Hopefully we can all revive this tradition of many people going out for a leisurely ride with other local bicyclists on the last Friday of every month. =)

P Save the Earth, one page at a time. Please consider the environment before printing this email.