Photos of Gold Dust Lyretail Mollies

Tony Griffitts

Mar 16, 2014, 4:33:12 PM3/16/14
to sacramento_aq...@googlegroups.com

Picked up these Gold Dust Lyretail Mollies (Poecilia sphenops) from one of our sponsors AquaWorkz a couple weeks ago.  They are doing great in the quarantine tank.  I always use PraziPro on all new fish to help eradicate any gill and skin flukes they may be carrying. It is a myth that mollies need to be kept in brackish water to stay healthy.  You only need to keep them in hard alkaline water.  I add 1 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicabonate), 1 teaspoon calcium chloride (Turbo Calcium), and a 1/2 teaspoon epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) per 10 gallons to keep Poecilia sphenops healthy.

Rich Bireley

Mar 16, 2014, 10:19:01 PM3/16/14
to Tony Griffitts, sacramento_aq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

Those are very pretty fish. Great advice, too. Thanks for sharing very nice photos.

Rich