Dwarf Flag Cichlid (Laetacara curviceps)

Tony Griffitts

Nov 29, 2015, 8:55:31 AM11/29/15
to Sacramento_Aquarium_Society
At the December 5th meeting I am planning on bringing Laetacara curviceps, the dwarf flag cichlid for the auction.  These small cichlids are great addition to community and planted aquariums.  Dwarf flag cichlids on get about 2 1/2 inches long.  They will be 3 months old (hatched 09/01/2015) at the next December meeting.  They spawn either in a shallow pit in the sand or on a small flat rock.  It takes only two days for the eggs to hatch at 82°, and another four days before they are free swimming.  I fed them newly hatched brine shrimp for 2 1/2 weeks before converting them over to shaved frozen adult brine shrimp.  They are now eating whole adult frozen brine shrimp and Omega One's Color Micro Pellets.

Here are a few pics taken yesterday.

See more pics on my Google+ page.