Support for the Irulas during the Lockdown - Update & New Appeal

Peter Van Geit

Jun 14, 2020, 11:19:09 AM6/14/20
to The Chennai Trekking Club

4 clusters , 89 families , sandwiched between a lake n the dumping bin for from Pallavaram n areas nearby.. amidst smoke n pungent odour on a daily basis.. Life for these Irulas chugs along as daily wagers..

Thanks to #Vijay for spotting them, the clusters were verified and tokens issued amidst chaotic neighbours who would sell anything for free rations.

All this without adequate funds, or,so we thought.. but then, CTC's foot soldiers rose to foot the bill..

Thanks to Shibu Alexis & team #zoho, for the funding n 500 kg of rice to begin with; Hariharan , Vanathi, Karthik R Subramanian and their "cycling n marathon" compatriots, friends n family, and most importantly the #trashtroopers for pitching in with funds and helping with the delivery.

On the way out, we managed to recce a bunch of rag pickers who have been collecting stuff for over 3 months without buyers n sellers of any kind.. about 15 families and 30 odd single folks jaunt tricycles around the Ottiyambakkam quarry for a livelihood ..

u know what we need now !!! Don't you !!!

Do pitch in with funds n rations and let's help them with a happy meal for a few weeks until life in the concrete jungle takes over completely .. yet again 👍

UPI : rkarthikca@okhdfcbank
Karthik R : 9840443410

Name : Hari Kumar B
Acc No. : 1061 21000 14380