Appeal to support the Irulas - Message of Thanks

Peter Van Geit

Jun 1, 2020, 5:45:27 AM6/1/20
to The Chennai Trekking Club, Hari Balasundaram
This weekend our team went out again to distribute basic relief to several Irula families near Ottiyambakkam who are facing difficulty during these times. A sincere thanks to all members who supported this initiative. Find below a short write up and photos from Hari and team:

#fundingirulas #helpirulas #covid19support

Small beginnings indeed.. one distress call, a few messages to close pals, and we were enroute to deliver our first relief materials for 40 families a month ago..

image.jpeg

From 40 to 270+ families in a month for folks like us who simply chose to help one man Kali Anna, and therefore his village has now morphed into a relief effort pan Chennai..

And thats how CTC began too.. small beginnings indeed..

image.jpeg

So what did we do differently this weekend.. the recce helped us with a new demographic - number of members in a family.. we simply increased the rations of 15kg to 20kgs of rice for families having => 6 members.. a slight increase in our costs but better food for the kids in 15 families.

Can't thank enough, the volunteers on the ground who helped us source, pack , load n unload, repack and finally deliver at the village wherever needed..

#trashtroopers, The PACT Foundation, and the Maverick bunch of CTC, The Tata Ace driver - Sundar who stuck with us cos he loved what we did, and all those who chose to support with funds by reading our messages here on FB & otherwise.. you are the heart n soul behind all that took place this weekend ergo the whole effort infact

Moving forward.. we do have calls coming in from various parts of the city for help - one family sometime to a village in need, and , as always.. a smal act of random kindness, a few bucks from your pockets could help serve a family for a month.. do try and see what you can do again n again.. a small number for some of us !!!

image.jpeg

Once again , thank you all from Team CTC..

thank you for your kindness and love 💛