When & Where :
16th October 2021 (Evening)
Assembly Location - 3:15 PM (Ainthinai Akkarai Nursery) Exact location will be shared to registered volunteers.
Event Time: 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Venue & Agenda:
1) Arrive at the nursery by 3 30 PM
2) Perform maintenance activities including packing saplings from seed beds, repacking saplings to bigger covers, Sow and create seed beds, Pruning and
3) Close by 6:30 PM and head to regular life with a sense of satisfaction and a weekend well spent feeling.
Covid safety guidelines :
1. Only those Vaccinated at least with one dose are encouraged to participate for the safety of the entire group.
2. Kids/below 18/ non vaccinated volunteers are not encouraged to participate in this event. :(
3. Wear a mask and carry sanitisers.
4. In case of any discomfort please communicate with the organisers ( we are here at your need anytime during the event )
Detailed Agenda on activities covered:
1. Nursery walk - Know about native trees.
2. Repacking of saplings in torn covers to new covers.
3. Pruning of dry leaves and unwanted branches.
4. Transplanting seedlings into new covers
Who can Join?
Anyone willing to contribute your time and physical effort with a smile are welcome to join :)
What do I get out of it :
1) Peace of mind -Satisfaction from the fact that you've contributed something to the society!!!You are something different from those numerous FB activists.
2) Wonderful friends, contacts,eye opening experiences
Above all, giving back to society without expecting returns is a CTC custom to which you need to get accustomed to :)
1) Comfortable Clothing, Shoes/Sandals.
2) Reusable, Filled Water Bottles.
3) Cap, Sun Screen, Camera- if required.
-> "CTC is a non-profit group and accounts will be shared transparently with all participants"
-> "Participants who engage in irresponsible, disrespectful or unsafe behaviour will be blacklisted from future CTC events"
-> "Feedback or complaint from any CTC member on the group, event, organizer, safety or accounts can be raised to the co...@chennaitrekkers.org
Rajesh : rajes...@gmail.com
Ashwin : ak24....@gmail.com
Chennai Red Knights is the Blood donation wing of Chennai Trekking Club. CRK has been actively involved in arranging donors for surgeries, emergency requests through volunteer donors and blood camps predominantly for Government hospitals in Chennai.