Appeal for help in draining legal battle

Peter Van Geit

Jan 8, 2024, 3:01:53 AMJan 8
to The Chennai Trekking Club

Losing some of my close long-time friends burned alive in a forest wildfire which could have been prevented, being cornered as a scapegoat accused of a unfortunate incident I was not directly involved with, hunted down by police trying to arrest me, mine and CTC’s public reputation being trashed in the news media, the death of a vibrant 40 thousand member community tirelessly built with passion over a decade which changed the lives of thousands, my passport and freedom being taken away unable to visit my ageing mom, the mentally draining legal process going on for 6 years, financially mounting legal costs draining my life savings (35 lakhs and counting…), the time consuming and psychologically draining court hearings over the years, unable to be with my 92 year old terminally ill mother in her final days, mom feeling abandoned by her only son who cannot tell her he could not visit all these years being a criminally accused, the feeling of hope of making a legal breakthrough repeatedly turned into disappointment over the years…

Although I prefer to carry my personal burdens silently on my own shoulders, at this moment I need to reach out to you for a helping hand. If CTC or my personal journey has positively impacted your life in any way then kindly consider taking a small part of the financial burden from my shoulders in this year long legal battle which has been mentally exhausting, time consuming and financially draining… I am unable to appeal through major fundraising platforms which focus on medical causes. I therefore set up below account through which you can help me. Contributions will be periodically published on below page.

Gpay: 9600004509
UPI: peter.vangeit-1@okaxis

Details on ultrajourneys.org/legal-battle

Peter

Peter Van Geit

Jan 8, 2024, 6:51:57 AMJan 8
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Please use IMPS on my account as Gpay / UPI is currently restricted by recent RBI guidelines:

Peter Rene M Van Geit
A/C 100 5730 0232
IFSC IDFB0080104
IDFC Bank, Chennai, Parrys Corner

Peter

Peter Van Geit

Jan 14, 2024, 2:59:50 AMJan 14
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Thank you for the overwhelming response towards my appeal for help in a draining ongoing legal battle (see previous post). As of Jan 14th 427 people contributed 19.31 lakhs towards the mounting legal expenses (35 lakhs and counting) which have been draining my life savings over the past 6 years. I want to sincerely thank each and everyone of you for taking some of the financial burden from my shoulders in this mentally exhaustive, time consuming and financially draining struggle.

Details & updates on ultrajourneys.org

Those would who still like to pitch in:

(IMPS on account preferred as RBI restricts number of UPI transactions)

Peter Rene M Van Geit
A/C 100 5730 0232
IFSC IDFB0080104
IDFC Bank, Chennai, Parrys Corner

UPI1: peter.vangeit-1@okhdfcbank
UPI2: peter.vangeit-3@okicici
UPI3: peter.vangeit-2@okicici

Peter.

Peter Van Geit

Jan 21, 2024, 12:55:04 AMJan 21
to The Chennai Trekking Club
An overwhelming 660 people responded in the last 2 weeks to my appeal for help. Sincere thanks to each one of you who came forward in support towards taking some of the financial burden from my shoulders in this year's long mentally draining legal struggle. Words fall short to express my gratitude to each of you. All contributions large and small made a difference. With 28.11 L raised so far we are nearing closer to the target of 35 L which this legal battle has drained over the last 6 years.

A/c:
Peter Rene M Van Geit
A/C 100 5730 0232
IFSC IDFB0080104
IDFC Bank, Chennai, Parrys Corner
or:
UPI1: peter.vangeit-1@okhdfcbank
UPI2: peter.vangeit-3@okicici
UPI3: peter.vangeit-2@okicici

Let me know if anyone was missed out below.