How sync works for calDav

manish....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 8:08:38 AM1/17/17
to SabreDAV Discussion

Hello all,

I have following question

1. How sabreDav sync work for calendar ?

2. Is auto sync available ? if available then how to implement?

3. Multiple Share is available then how to use?

4. how to implement CalDav based calender ui for Existing app?

I have setup baikal calDav server and AgenDav for webclient that is work good and i have also setup calDav Adapter for android that is also works good but auto sync is not working... i have to refresh all the time in agendav

Thanks

Evert Pot

Jan 17, 2017, 10:57:10 AM1/17/17
to SabreDAV Discussion

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 8:08:38 AM UTC-5, manish....@gmail.com wrote:

Hello all,

I have following question

1. How sabreDav sync work for calendar ?
This question is way to broad for me to answer. If you want to know how CalDAV works, start reading about CalDAV.

2. Is auto sync available ? if available then how to implement?
What is auto-sync? This is not a standard term.

3. Multiple Share is available then how to use?
Sharing calendars works on sabre/dav 3.2, which is not integrated in baikal yet (but will be at some point in the future).

4. how to implement CalDav based calender ui for Existing app?

I have setup baikal calDav server and AgenDav for webclient that is work good and i have also setup calDav Adapter for android that is also works good but auto sync is not working... i have to refresh all the time in agendav

I don't have that much experience with AgenDAV. You might be better off asking your question in that project.

Evert

manish....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 11:39:38 PM1/17/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Thanks for the reply....

I mean to say auto sync is that suppose i have shared a calendar with one of  my friend if he will change something in the calendar then at the real time my calendar is also change. is this possible?

or if i have used one of calDav Sync adaptor in my phone then my calDav calendar is synced that is good but i have change in my calendar in particular calDav event so can this real time change in my web site calendar or other phone calendar???

my concern is that i do not want to use cronjob or page auto refresh in particular time because it's a bad idea and it's reduse my website or app performance so i just want when ever user is change then a script run with websocket or some thing other idea... that is effect in all clients calendar

Thanks

Evert Pot

Jan 29, 2017, 1:21:32 PM1/29/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Hi Manish,

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:39:38 PM UTC-5, manish....@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks for the reply....

I mean to say auto sync is that suppose i have shared a calendar with one of  my friend if he will change something in the calendar then at the real time my calendar is also change. is this possible?

or if i have used one of calDav Sync adaptor in my phone then my calDav calendar is synced that is good but i have change in my calendar in particular calDav event so can this real time change in my web site calendar or other phone calendar???

my concern is that i do not want to use cronjob or page auto refresh in particular time because it's a bad idea and it's reduse my website or app performance so i just want when ever user is change then a script run with websocket or some thing other idea... that is effect in all clients calendar

All CalDAV clients use polling to listen for changes, so the change is not immediate.

Hope that answers your question,

Evert