Possible to shared addressbooks / calendars?

Fabián Rodríguez

Nov 3, 2016, 2:36:49 PM11/3/16
to SabreDAV Discussion
I haven't followed Baikal development for a while, I remember when I started using it (2.x) it didn't support shared addressbooks or calendars. Is this still the case?

pon...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2017, 9:14:20 PM1/1/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Any answer on this?

I have tried to set up a shared address book (between my wife and I) along side his and hers addressbooks. I started with v2.7 on a Synology NAS and have upgraded to 4.6 via 4.4 and have not had a great time so far. v2.7 was packaged for Synology; subsequent releases required manual installation (uninstall instructions?).

The main problem I've had is that the add-on for Thunderbird that I'm using for calendar and which Sogo Connector uses for authentication requires unique server addresses for cardDAV (so it's hard to support multiple addressbooks in the same installation; workaround is to use IP addresses as well as names).

When trying to get a shared addressbook to work I set up a remote address book on my wife's computer (using Thunderbird on Windows) and linked it to my address book (managed using Thunderbird on Linux). On the first sync it downloaded messages but reported 2 fewer than my addressbook. Subsequently it hasn't synced any changes back to the server.

We have no trouble sharing addressbooks on Fastmail's implementation of cardDAV, but this are his and hers and we would like to have a joint one as well.

pon...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2017, 10:41:45 PM1/1/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
I just discovered the Thunderbird add-on CardBook which seems, so far, to work far better than SoGo Connector -- which I think is responsible for most of the difficulties I've had with CardDAV so far.

It synced the expected nr of address records in the case of my Baikal address book, my copy of my wife's and the intended shared addressbook, as well as others.

I came across a passing reference to CardBook on Fastmail's site recently, which was the first I'd heard of it, and I just got around to trying it out. The reviews on Mozilla's site seem very largely positive and others are using it with Baikal, apparently with good results.

At a minimum I suggest adding a link to it to the docs and updating the info on SoGo Connector (latest is 31.0.3) to include the constraint on server addresses.

Evert Pot

Jan 2, 2017, 1:35:42 PM1/2/17
to SabreDAV Discussion

If anyone is up for picking up this task, this is where various caldav/carddav clients are documented:

https://github.com/fruux/sabre.io/tree/master/source/dav/clients

Pull requests are definitely appreciated.

Evert