How to enable email notifications for events? SabreDAV / Baïkal

Engeue Cinraua

Jul 31, 2016, 1:25:05 AM7/31/16
to SabreDAV Discussion, Eugene Ciurana
Greetings.

I've upgraded to Baïkal 0.4.5 and added Postfix with a relay host.  Neither existing nor new accounts issue email notifications when calendar events are created, updated, or deleted.  I have confirmed that the Postfix installation is correct and sends email to users in the same domain and in commercial services (e.g. Gmail, mail.ru, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.).

I've also confirmed that the PHP mail function is working and delivering email through the relay using this:

php <<< "<?php mail('some...@cime.net', 'Saturday 18', 'Test that email is being sent/delivered'); ?>"

I see the emails flowing through the MTAs in both the Baïkal and external MX boxes' logs, and the messages are delivered a-OK.

The accounts for the principal match the client's (myac...@cime.net) in the Baikal admin panel and in the Thunderbird Lightning configuration.  I checked that the ORGANIZER: field corresponds to the same email address for all.

I've read the Scheduling topic of the documentation's CalDAV and ensured that both the Schedule and iMipSchedule plugins are instantiated in the /var/www/calendar.cime.net/vendor/sabre/dav/bin/sabredav.php server; coudn't find any other place where it made sense to add them.

After adding multiple events across multiple calendars, I see no information in the Apache or Postfix logs indicating that an attempt was made to issue an email notification to the meeting's participants.  All participants are in domains outside the local one, where only the organizer/calendar resides.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot.

I asked the same question, left similar information in irc://irc.freenode.net/#sabredav -- responses in either location will be appreciated.

I'm aware that Evert is out of town for a couple of weeks; he helped a little before his big event, others who might've run into this situation please advise.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

pr3d4t0r

Engeue Cinraua

Jul 31, 2016, 1:29:01 AM7/31/16
to SabreDAV Discussion, ciu...@gmail.com
Same thing adding invitations through Calendar.app -- so I don't believe it's a client issue.  Thanks!

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 10:25:05 PM UTC-7, Engeue Cinraua wrote:
Greetings.

I've upgraded to Baïkal 0.4.5 and added Postfix with a relay host.  Neither existing nor new accounts issue email notifications when calendar events are created, updated, or deleted.  I have confirmed that the Postfix installation is correct and sends email to users in the same domain and in commercial services (e.g. Gmail, mail.ru - private, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.).

I've also confirmed that the PHP mail function is working and delivering email through the relay using this:

php <<< "<?php mail('some...@cime.net', 'Saturday 18', 'Test that email is being sent/delivered'); ?>"

I see the emails flowing through the MTAs in both the Baïkal and external MX boxes' logs, and the messages are delivered a-OK.

The accounts for the principal match the client's (myac...@cime.net) in the Baikal admin panel and in the Thunderbird Lightning configuration.  I checked that the ORGANIZER: field corresponds to the same email address for all.

I've read the Scheduling topic of the documentation's CalDAV and ensured that both the Schedule and iMipSchedule plugins are instantiated in the /var/www/calendar.cime.net/vendor/sabre/dav/bin/sabredav.php - private server; coudn't find any other place where it made sense to add them.

After adding multiple events across multiple calendars, I see no information in the Apache or Postfix logs indicating that an attempt was made to issue an email notification to the meeting's participants.  All participants are in domains outside the local one, where only the organizer/calendar resides.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot.

I asked the same question, left similar information in irc://irc.freenode.net/#sabredav - private -- responses in either location will be appreciated.

Engeue Cinraua

Aug 1, 2016, 1:22:55 PM8/1/16
to SabreDAV Discussion, ciu...@gmail.com
One more thing:  only email functionality is missing.  If organizer + attendees are both defined to the same SabreDAV/CalDAV/Baïkal server, they get invitations/confirmations automatically, declines, etc. as expected.  The only missing functionality now is email - that's huge for us because most invites that we make are to external systems.

Engeue Cinraua

Aug 1, 2016, 2:55:18 PM8/1/16
to SabreDAV Discussion, ciu...@gmail.com
Figured it out.