Code generation for complexity analisys using SableCC

Daniel Estiven Rico Posada

Apr 24, 2016, 12:37:28 PM4/24/16
to SableCC

Hi everyone!

I'm going building a compiler that have as input a pseudocode of recursive algorithm and as output generate all the execution environments for show the variation of the input in each environment and then generate the recurrence of this algorithm.

I have an idea: First make a grammar for my custom language (It's something like pascal), seconds build a compiler that have as output JAVA code and then make the analysis of JAVA code for generate the recurrence.

My question is: ¿Is this a good strategy?, ¿Can i use SableCC for this purpose or there is other better tool ?

Thanks.

Etienne Gagnon

Apr 25, 2016, 11:46:11 AM4/25/16
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

At first sight, I think that SableCC is suitable for your project. SableCC will create a lexer and a parser, for you language, and provide classes to walk the syntax tree to validate semantics and generate the output code.

Have fun!

Etienne
Etienne Gagnon, Ph.D.
http://sablecc.org
--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the SableCC group. To post to this group, send email to sab...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sablecc+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/sablecc?hl=en
---