How to build SableCC

Steve Kelem

Oct 5, 2012, 3:05:27 PM10/5/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
How do I compile SableCC?

In 2005, Etienne said:
If you don't like it, change the source; it's LGPL'ed!

I got it to compile, but can't figure out how to build the executable, sablecc. (On Linux)

Thanks for your help,
Steve

Etienne Gagnon

Oct 5, 2012, 3:31:54 PM10/5/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Which version of SableCC are you trying to build? I build SableCC 3.x using Apache Ant, and it automatically generates lib/sablecc.jar. The sablecc/sablecc.bat scripts can be modified by hand. There is no real "executable" (e.g. sablecc.exe) for SableCC. Unless you find some binary compiler for Java and try to build one.

There already exists SableCC packages on some Linux distributions. If I'm right, Debian and Ubuntu have packages. I think RedHat has one, too. You could look at how these packages are built.

Please let me know if this helps.

Etienne
Etienne Gagnon, Ph.D.
http://sablecc.org
Le 12-10-05 15:05, Steve Kelem a écrit :
--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the SableCC group. To post to this group, send email to sab...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sablecc+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/sablecc?hl=en

Message has been deleted