Latest News: "We Advocate Freedom Teach-in Series Announced

Jan Miller

Jun 21, 2024, 11:14:06 AM (8 days ago) Jun 21
to Google Group Sabeel-CO
Looking for some support for your advocacy work?

From: Iliff School of Theology <communi...@iliff.edu>

June 2024

Iliff Announces Free 5-Part Hybrid Teach-in Series!

In these times of significant division and conflict, we bear the responsibility to find meaningful ways to engage in conversations about challenging and complex issues. Iliff is responding to the current moment with the “We Advocate Freedom!” Teach-in Series, a five-session hybrid series starting on Thursday, June 27th from 6-8pm.

This series aims to create a space where we can come together in-person and remotely to discuss and navigate these important topics together.

Session 1: Strategies Toward Effective Social Change: Personal and Institutional Commitments

Thursday, June 27th

6:00pm: Refreshments & Registration at Iliff / Zoom room opens

6:30-8:00pm: Teach-in

Where: In person at Iliff and on Zoom

Format: Roundtable

This 1st in a series of 5 sessions will invite dialogue on the multiple paths advocates for change can work within or outside dominant systems to advocate inclusion and freedom. We will hear from veteran leaders and have the opportunity to wrestle with the moral, ethical, and spiritual realities of advocacy on complex and uncertain issues. The conversation will explore the issues of protest and consequences; non-violent and violent resistance; community organizing, and internal/external approaches.

IN-PERSON REGISTRATION
ZOOM REGISTRATION

There's still time to register for TIER courses!

TIER classes are opportunities for lifelong learners to engage with Iliff's amazing community of scholars! The classes are inexpensive, 3-weeks long, and asynchronous. Plus, if you are clergy, TIER courses count for 3 units of continuing education credit!

  • 7/8 - 7/29 Following the Lectionary Postcolonially
  • 7/29 - 8/19 Authentic Engagement
  • 8/12 - 9/2 Dismantling White Silence in Churches
  • 8/12 - 9/2 Re-enchanting Ecological Praxis
Build your summer schedule!

Summer Reading from Iliff Scholars

Embodying Antiracist Christianity, co-edited by Boyung Lee and Keun-joo Christine Pae

Purchase your copy

Unraveling Religious Leadership

Power, Authority, and Decoloniality, by Kristina Lizardi-Hajbi

Purchase your copy

Reading José Martí from the Margins, by Miguel A. De La Torre

Purchase your copy

Dr. Ted Vial speaks alongside the Governor at Upcoming AI Event

Join Iliff Innovation Lab and Colorado Smart Cities Alliance this Thursday, June 20th in the culminating event of the AI For Government series, which will provide a hands-on showcase illustrating how AI can be used to help government agencies improve services and quality of life in their communities.

The event will bring together innovation leaders from towns, cities, counties, utilities and state agencies from across Colorado to engage with entrepreneurs, solution providers and research organizations on the cutting edge of AI.

Featured speakers include Governor Polis, State Representative Titone, and Iliff's own, Ted Vial!

Learn more and register now!

New Death Doula Certificate

Have you ever felt drawn to end-of-life work?

The Iliff Innovation Lab is developing a Death Doula Certification program launching this fall. We would love to add you to our interest list! We'll reach out to let you know more as the program develops, and we'd love to hear from you about your interests and hopes to help guide our design process.

This work is supported by a generous grant from the Kelley Family Foundation, a critical funder and member of Iliff's Executive Board Committee. Thank you!

Fill Out an Interest Form

Thank you for engaging with Iliff!

We appreciate you!

Facebook Share This Email
X Share This Email
LinkedIn Share This Email

Iliff Website | Giving | ReSource at IliffContact Us

Facebook  X  Instagram

Iliff School of Theology | 2323 East Iliff Avenue | Denver, CO 80210 US

Constant Contact