MONDAY: How to protect Gaza solidarity encampments

Jan Miller

May 6, 2024, 2:25:38 AMMay 6
to Google Group Sabeel-CO, Timothy Miller
Begin forwarded message:

From: "Leah Muskin-Pierret, USCPR" <con...@uscpr.org>

Register now for the training tomorrow night at 7 PM ET

Dear Janice,

With ingenuity, creativity, and bravery, students at about 150 universities are shaking empire. They’ve been raising the demand to #StopArmingIsrael and end Israel’s genocide against the Palestinian people, from the Congressional hearing room to the university green.

Community has a critical role to play to physically protect students, put eyes on cops to heighten the reputational cost of repression, and sustain these divestment campaigns until victory.

Come to our online training tomorrow night, Monday, May 6, to learn how you can protect students’ Gaza solidarity encampments in your local community—from protest safety to deescalation strategies to arrestee advocacy.

For Palestinian people sheltering in Rafah under Israel’s ongoing bombing and threat of ground invasion to the Palestinian-American activists risking their safety here in the U.S. to end the genocide, we must increase our skills to support students’ Gaza solidarity encampments.

This Zoom training is geared at non-student community supporters of encampment protests. You’ll learn the following practical skills:

1. Mass mobilization techniques and communication platforms from Columbia Apartheid Divest

2. Deescalation skills from DMV Deescalation Collective resources, to deal with the threat of Zionist attackers

3. How to take immediate action when cops start arresting students, with experts from the Ruckus Society direct action trainers

Join us for this essential training on protecting encampments tomorrow night, Monday, May 6, at 7:00 to 8:30 PM ET on Zoom.

See you then. Thank you for supporting our students and fighting for a free Palestine.

Onward to liberation,

LEAH MUSKIN-PIERRET

Manager of Congressional & Grassroots Advocacy

FacebookTwitterInstagramTikTok

US Campaign for Palestinian Rights
PO Box 3609
Washington, DC 20027