IWD 2024 Teach-In: The Math of Murder: Examining the Impact on Palestinian Women and Children

Jan Miller

Mar 7, 2024, 3:13:50 PMMar 7
to Google Group Sabeel-CO

March 8th is International Women's Day and will mark 5 months since the beginning of Israel's latest genocidal campaign in Palestine.
IWD 2024 Teach-In: The Math of Murder: Examining the Impact on Palestinian Women and Children
View this email in your browser
Our Vision: People to People Solidarity
We acknowledge that this land, that we now call Colorado, was originally stewarded by the Apache, Arapaho, Cheyenne, Pueblo, Shoshone, and Ute people. . We are committed to uplifting our community members from these nations who reside alongside us. We are on land stolen from indigenous people, and it is our responsibility to not only do good work here and walk in gratitude, but also to support indigenous movements for justice.
RSVP here today!

March 8th is International Women's Day and will mark 5 months since the beginning of Israel's latest genocidal campaign in Palestine. For the last 21 years CODEPINK has centered internationalist, anti-imperialist feminism despite the war machine's propaganda and pink washing. This International Women's Day, join us in telling the world that war is NOT feminist and that we demand a permanent ceasefire and liberation for all!

International Women's Day is an important opportunity to unite women's struggles at home and in Palestine by centering reproductive justice internationally. While Biden is bypassing Congress to bomb Gaza and create a devastating reproductive justice nightmare for women there, he is refusing to take unilateral action on reproductive justice here in the US, while continuing to deny care to refugees, displaced people and asylum seekers.

DJPC in collaboration with CODEPINK Denver/Boulder, Jewish Voices for Peace, Colorado for Palestine Coalition and Denver Peace Council invite you for a teach in on how our tax dollars are complicit in committing genocide in Gaza, the impact on Palestinian women and children, and what that money can do at home in our communities.

📅 Friday, 8th 2024
⏰ 6:00 pm
📍 The Garage at the Highlands United Methodist Church (3830 W 32nd Ave, Denver, CO 80212)
📝 RSVP here

Speakers include:

  • Dr. Deborah Young is a professor, Fulbright scholar and founder of Empowering Communities Globally, a local NGO focusing on refugees and immigrants in Colorado and underserved populations in conflict settings, including Palestine.
  • Irina Karic is a Bosnian-American humanitarian aid worker who spent years working in Palestine and Jordan.
Sign CODEPINK #IWD2024 Urgent Call for Reproductive Justice in Gaza/Palestine & Everywhere!
Watch MAPA's Webinar: "Two Ceasefires: A Call for a Ceasefires and Negotiations in Gaza and Ukraine"
Donate $24 to international solidarity!
Facebook
Website
Email
Instagram
Twitter
Copyright © 2024  Denver Justice and Peace Committee, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:

Denver Justice & Peace Committee
PO Box 12403
Denver, CO 80212 USA
Tel:
303-623-1463
www.denjustpeace.org

The Denver Justice and Peace Committee (DJPC) is a grassroots organization that promotes human rights, economic equity, and environmental justice through education and nonviolent activism to support communities seeking justice for all people. We stand in solidarity with peoples in the Americas, particularly with oppressed communities in Latin America.

 El Comité de Justicia y Paz es una organización de base que promueve los derechos humanos, equidad económica, y la justicia ambiental a través de la educación y el activismo no violento para apoyar a las comunidades que buscan la justicia para sus pueblos. Nos solidarizamos con los pueblos de las américas, en particular con aquellas comunidades que viven día a día la opresión.

This email was sent to gary...@yahoo.com
Denver Justice & Peace Committee · PO Box 12403 · Denver, Co 80212 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp