Divesting from Genocide Beyond Campus 🍉

Jan Miller

May 21, 2024, 12:48:25 AMMay 21
to Google Group Sabeel-CO
From: Sandra Tamari <in...@adalahjusticeproject.org>
Date: May 20, 2024 at 9:03:07 AM MDT

 Join us to learn how to campaign to divest from Israeli bonds
View this email in your browser

Have you watched brave student organizers across the country mainstream the call for divestment from Israel and wondered how you can organize divestment campaigns beyond campus?

As we continue to push for a permanent ceasefire, now is the time to continue the momentum by dismantling material support for Israeli apartheid and genocide–and bring the fight to our local communities.

This Thursday on May 23rd at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT join Adalah Justice Project and our partners to learn more about a new divestment campaign focused on one of the most direct forms of investment in Israeli violence against Palestinians: so-called “Israel Bonds.”

While many know that the U.S. Congress sends billions of dollars each year to support the Israeli military’s violence against Palestinians, few know that billions of dollars in direct funding to the Israeli military and government comes from institutions and spaces much closer to home.

Our local governments, state governments, unions, pension funds, universities, places of worship, and other institutions are directly supporting the Israeli military and government by investing billions in Israel Bonds.

Register for the teach-in to hear from organizers about this crucial divestment work for Palestinian freedom, including what you can do in your community to break the bonds with genocide and apartheid.

“Israel Bonds”–direct loans to the Israeli military and government, the majority of which come from institutions and individuals in the U.S.–provide crucial, unrestricted financial support for all aspects of Israel’s system of total domination over Palestinian life and the Israeli military’s current genocide in Gaza.

Together, we can disrupt the flow of funds to the Israeli government, disrupting “business as usual” — including the business of Israel's apartheid regime and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. RSVP for the teach-in here.

In solidarity,

Sandra Tamari

Our mailing address is:
Adalah Justice Project
P.O. Box 541
Glen Carbon, Illinois 62034

Adalah Justice Project is a Palestinian-led advocacy organization based in the U.S. that builds cross-movement coalitions to achieve collective liberation. Our work is rooted in the conviction that drawing the linkages between US policy abroad and repressive state practices at home is crucial to shifting the balance of power.

If someone forwarded you this email, sign up here to get updates from AJP.

Twitter
Facebook
Website
Instagram