[hpv] Plans

Geoff_...@mhs21.tns.co.za

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99

Sorry if this has been asked before, I am new here.

I tried a couple of sites and a search through Yahoo but did not come up
with anything that I really like. Could your collective wisdom please give
me some URL's that I could browse for plans for building a recombent.

Also could you give advice on the following. I read a FAQ but am still
unsure of the benefits of below seat steering vs above seat steering. LWB
vs SWB seems a little easier for my brain to get the benefits of each.

If you are interested, I don't own a recumbant and have never ridden one
but the idea facinates me. Especially after lurking here for a little while
and reading the ride reports.

Thankyou
Geoff Nelson
South Africa

Jean Seay

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Hello, Jeff..

South Africa isn't exactly a hotbed of recumbent owners, builders,
designers, etc., but the HPVA does have one member there: John
Stegmann, who may be able to help you as well. He has moved (or is
moving) to Plett. Try
<mailto:recu...@cybertrade.co.za>recu...@cybertrade.co.za.

You don't say where you are, but John can probably give you some pointers.

--Jean Seay

HPVA (an all-volunteer, non-profit organization)
PO Box 1307, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406-1307 USA
HPVA: Phone, 310-305-1737 (Toll-free, US only: 1-877-333-1029)
Fax 310-823-1064
======
Jean Seay <jas...@ihpva.org> or <exe...@ihpva.org>
Exec. vp/Treasurer: membership, publications
Personal phone: 805-545-9003
San Luis Obispo, California USA

Chuck J Knight

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
> I tried a couple of sites and a search through Yahoo but did not
> come up
> with anything that I really like. Could your collective wisdom
> please give
> me some URL's that I could browse for plans for building a
> recombent.

http://www.rqriley.com/plans (Ground Hugger recumbent bike)
http://www.flash.net/~rhorwitz (excellent space frame recumbent trike)

-- Chuck Knight