[hpv] Re: Rims and tyres - final.

Dave Larrington

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
Further to Martin Bech's list of vendors of 451-sized bits & bobs, I
found an addition to the list of 451 tyres the other day. In addition
to the skinny IRC, the plump Primo and the almost, but not quite,
extinct Hudyn, the British(*) store Halfords has assorted own-brand 451
tyres! They're mainly knobbly, admittedly, but an intact knobbly tyre
is better than an IRC with a hole in :-) I didn't look that closely at
them, so I don't know what kind of pressure rating they have, nor do I
know how widely available they are, but they do exist and the Chingford
branch had a quite sizeable stock the other week.

* - There certainly used to be Halfords branches in The Netherlands as
well.

=====
Dave Larrington
Editor - BHPC Newsletter