[hpv] recumbents in South Africa

1 view

steve hall

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
Dear Geoff - I saw your query about plans for recumbents on the hpv list. I
have a cousin in Cape Town who takes part in the Argus Tour (I think that's
what she calls it - it's an annual mass ride around the Cape Peninsula).
She tells me that she has seen several recumbents taking part, but she
thinks that some of them had been flown in from Europe. Must admit to being
tempted to do so myself one day - the scenery along Chapmans Peak road is
breathtakingly beautiful, and I'd recommend exploring the Western Cape area
to anyone - the wine trails around Stellenbosch are well worth while! Also,
it's nothing like as dangerous as other parts of South Africa that I've
visited.
Cheers
Steve Hall
Southampton, UK