[hpv] hpv angles to US visit

1 view

nigel cadogan

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
I've been subscribed to this list on and off for some time, and now have
the opportunity to visit the US. I am staying in Ann Arbor outside
Detroit for a couple of days, and would like a recommendation on a store
to visit, plus any other suggestions on places that a hpv fan could go
in the vicinity
I am also stuck in LA airport for 8 hours on the way home, any
possibilities from there ??

Thanks for your help

Nigel
hpv traveller from sydney, oz

Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Nigel,

Best bet.....rent an economy car and drive yourself to Recumbentbarn
then People Movers....the rates are around $25-$35 per day but you must
book them at least 24 hours in advance. The shuttles to the car rental
agencies are very efficient. Watch for rush hour though....
6AM-10AM and 4PM-7PM weekdays...... You will be on a major freeway,
the 405.

Ed Gin

NIgel

If you can afford abit of cab fare,

Take the 405 S. to the 57 N. to Katella Ave E. Go 1 mile to Main Street
and turn right two blocks to People Movers........Or take a Disneyland
shuttle, then cab it from Katella East to Main Street.

Test ride a few recumbents for a few hours.

Note that the cab fare will probably be at least $25 each way.......

Or....contact Ray at Recumbentbarn.com to ride his red or blackbent in
Redondo Beach. This location is only about 15 miles from the airport.
Cabfare should be lots less.

You can ride it on the beautiful Redondo Beach to Will Rogers Park bike
path which is about 30 miles each direction.

Tailwinds and cheers,

Ed Gin

CHICAGOLAND RECUMBENT RIDERS
web site.... http://www.mcs.net/~gkpsol
email.... gkp...@mcs.net

[hpv] hpv angles to US visit

>From nigel cadogan <cad...@hlos.com.au>
Date Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:01:53 -0400

Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99

William Volk

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Ed wrote:

>If you can afford abit of cab fare,
>
>Take the 405 S. to the 57 N. to Katella Ave E. Go 1 mile to Main Street
>and turn right two blocks to People Movers........Or take a Disneyland
>shuttle, then cab it from Katella East to Main Street.
>
>Test ride a few recumbents for a few hours.
>
>Note that the cab fare will probably be at least $25 each way.......

It should be possible to catch the "Green Line" train from Redondo Beach
(free shuttle from Airport), and there's another free shuttle (and the end
of the line) that transfers (at the end of the line) to the Santa Fe Springs
Metrolink train. Total RT cost should be less than $10.

I's bet the Cab faire from LAX to People Movers is over $50 each way (way
over). Los Angeles freeways are jammed all day long. A "traffic alert"
means that the traffic has slowed down to a speed that could be exceeded by
almost any bicycle rider. A Taxi from Brentwood (near Santa Monica) to
Union Station has cost me more than $40 one way. Jumping on a Disneyland
shuttle bus is also a brillant idea. People Movers is quite close to "the
Mouse."

Bill "time to build a folding bike" Volk