[hpv] bus racks for bents

1 view

Carl Etnier

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
I attended the Transit and Parking Commission meeting here in Madison
on Tuesday, and they passed the resolution to equip most city busses
with bike racks. (The 96" wide busses get a larger turning radius
with the front racks, and they're being phased out anyway, so only
the wider, 102" busses will get them.)

Since I'm new here, that meeting was the first time I learned more
than had been in the newspaper about the proposal. Turns out the
Bikes on Busses Subcommittee already have chosen a model: Sportworks.
I'll get back to the list with information on putting a recumbent on
this model, as well as a compilation of the other information people
sent me.

Cheers,
Carl
carl....@itf.nlh.no
A kinetic Yankee usually in King Harald's port (Oslo, Norway)
In the US (mostly Madison, Wisconsin) 2 August 1999 - summer 2000