UPDATE2: DC Saab Support Convoy - Route Map

1 view

Brian Suojanen

Jan 21, 2010, 7:06:07 PM1/21/10
to Allan Holmes, Ashley Reiser, Ben Hinkle, ca...@swedishmotorcars.com, chri...@internationalsaab.com, gary...@epix.net, lian...@yahoo.com, Paul M. Immo, Ryan Emge, Saab Rally DC, saab.r...@gmail.com, sok...@gmail.com, spweedy, stars...@hotmail.com, swe...@swedishmotorcars.com, swedishm...@aol.com, utk...@yahoo.com, var...@me.com
Hello Convoy!

I've got a route planned out for us (via Google Maps); the URL is http://bit.ly/7LL0eM. I trust everyone can view it but, if not, let me know. We'll be handing out turn-by-turn directions Sunday AM, too.

Some notes about the route:

1. When we leave the staging site, we'll be heading to I66 via The Beltway (I495). This will give us a chance to get everyone together for the ride into DC. The lead cars will drive slow until everyone is out onto the highway; we'll know that because the anchor/tail car will radio up to the front.

2. We'll be looping around the Mall a bit (steps G, H, and I on the map); H will be our photo op with the Capitol Building in the background.

3. By 1:30 we'll break out of the loop (J on the map) and make way to the Swedish Embassy (N on the map).

4. With a little luck we'll get over to the embassy by 2:00'ish for some cozy photo ops.

5. It'll be slow going in spots, particularly at the Mall and in Georgetown, but it'll be worth it.

Cheers for now,
Brian Suojanen

bsuojanen at aamc dot org
sugonaut at gmail dot com

Event Flyer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugonaut/4293660470/

Around the Web
- Search 'Save Saab Rally DC' on Facebook
- http://groups.google.com/group/saab_rally_dc/
- http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45793
- http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/WASSAAB/
- http://www.saabhistory.com/2010/01/20/save-saab-event-in-washington-dc-this-weekend/