I hate when people do this.

Neil

Jan 14, 2013, 9:09:45 PM1/14/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com
Belonging to other forms, it annoys me when people post job ads. Haters gonna hate.

We are a dev company that has +-6 simultaneous projects which change every few months. Since expanding to New York we've been building startups funded by Peter Thiel, Twitter guys on advisory boards and backed by well-known VC's. The reason for my name-dropping is just to point out that many of the applications coming through our company have the means to potentially succeed.

What I'm looking for is a usability person to oversee all projects and help the developers, clients and designers get the big picture when it comes to the user experience.
  • You won't need to write code or spend time in photoshop.
Your job is to make sure every application we build is a pleasurable experience. If the users are happy using our applications, then you're good.

My company is Platform45
We have offices in New York, Cape Town and Johannesburg so you can be located in any of those places. (Cape Town would be best though)
If you're interested please send me an email. I don't care much for CV's but attach one if you'd like.
nei...@platform45.com <- The little +UX is important so you won't get lost.

Neil

Jan 15, 2013, 2:43:50 PM1/15/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com
I want to help you.

Right now sifting through UX applications is my user experience. I want to find a great UX person but I'd rather be outside on the street talking to interesting people and picking up cute girls at coffee shops.

Imagine 100+ applications in your inbox. You have 1 hour to review all of them, that means each get at most 30 seconds.

You are in control of my user experience!