RailsBridge Cape Town

Steve Barnett

May 14, 2013, 11:08:52 AM5/14/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks.

I'm starting up a local chapter (Rails Bridge Cape Town) of RailsBridgeFree Ruby on Rails workshops for women and their friends.

The RailsBridge Workshop is a free 1-and-a-bit day course run by a volunteer team of experienced and enthusiastic developers. It is designed to provide people of all backgrounds with an introduction to programming concepts, the tools available, and the techniques of Ruby and Rails development. It teaches a practical skill useful to those investigating new career paths, looking to compliment their current skill set, or just interested in gaining a better understanding of software.

To attend, you should identify as a woman, or be the male guest of a woman who is attending. You should be comfortable using a computer, but no programming experience or hardware expertise is required. You should have your own laptop to bring along: Mac, Windows, and Linux machines are all welcome.

If anyone is interested in attending, please sign up on our mailing list.
Thanks!

Regards,

Steve