Ux xp sharing

Simon Wilkinson

May 8, 2013, 8:30:39 AM5/8/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

an idea I would like to suggest , feedback would be appreciated :

We work on a number of UX projects in our day to day delivery for clients, same team – same good ideas – same bad ideas. As I am sure you agree the more feedback and input you can get about a strategy the nearer we can try and meet the client / user requirements , but we are all limited to resources and client focus. I would like to suggest a network of practitioners (exchange program) where we colud trade time on projects for the greater good and raise our collective teams exposer.

What do you think ?

Simon Wilkinson

Managing Director

0829559125
Tel +27 11 465 6859
Web www.blacklight.co.za

Sentinal Office Park,
86 Capricorn road,
Upper Lonehill 2062

AJK

May 17, 2013, 9:11:21 AM5/17/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com
The challenge you have with sharing UX experiences...

  • Every industry has their own unique niches and ways of how people generally work in that industry, which makes "Do it this way" difficult. From there the "Rule" of always testing your designs in the context of your unique users (which will change over decades).
  • Getting permission to share unique insights
What would be better is that you just share you results in hope that others will follow. A community driven effort might eventually evolve from that. Just my 2c.

Simon Wilkinson

May 17, 2013, 9:44:58 AM5/17/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com

Thanx for the responses was starting to think I was the only one left on the forum , well me and the recruitment companies J

My understanding was that was one of the forums mandates , how about a show and tell event (low key, minimal fuss)

Simon Wilkinson

Managing Director

0829559125
Tel +27 11 465 6859
Web www.blacklight.co.za

Sentinal Office Park,
86 Capricorn road,
Upper Lonehill 2062

Peter Koen

May 17, 2013, 9:51:56 AM5/17/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com
I'd be keen to participate in some way. I'm in a slightly weird industry, but we could possibly learn something from each other…

AJK

May 21, 2013, 5:13:50 PM5/21/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com
What kind of industry are you in?

Peter Koen

May 21, 2013, 5:22:26 PM5/21/13
to sa-ux...@googlegroups.com
I design e-documents that offer an alternative to the PDF/Print-based layout experience. The principals/processes we use to design the docs are similar to the web-world but we don't publish anything publicly. In a way it's very interesting work because it is such a 'confined' space, innovating in it is challenging.