SARBN: admin and listing clubs

Trevor Hardaker

Dec 20, 2021, 4:27:59 AM12/20/21
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

Greetings all SARBN subscribers,

Just a few quick notes…

I will be away from the end of this week until 5 January in Wilderness on the Garden Route and, because there is a possibility that we may not always have decent cellphone reception where we are, Garret Skead has, once again, agreed to run SARBN while we are away. So, he will effectively be taking it over and posting all news and updates from Sunday onwards, but you can continue to send any news directly to me until Saturday, not that I expect too many reports to come through on Christmas Day…J

Garret’s contact details are included below. Please save these and start using them from Sunday only:

Email: garret...@hotmail.com
Cell: 071 612 6370

Further to the above, if you have any of your birding friends that would still like to subscribe to SARBN, they can do so either by logging on to the website at http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews or, alternatively, sending me an email directly to hard...@mweb.co.za and I will then manually add them. Please note that Garret will not be able to do this while I’m away so, if they want to join the group, they need to do so by Friday at the latest, so that I still have time to add them myself before I go away. After that, they will have to wait until I am back in the new year to be added to the list, so please do get them to get in touch with me as soon as possible if they are keen to join.

Lastly, I know that everyone is on my case to update the various listing clubs hosted on www.zestforbirds.co.za. I have set aside a couple of days after I get back to tackle this task and, hopefully, everyone will have added plenty of new birds over the Festive Season as well. So, for those of you that need to have your totals for the various listing clubs updated or for those of you that will be new entries as you’ve now reached the reporting threshold for one or more listing clubs, please make sure that you email your latest totals to me by no later than 5 January 2022, so that I can get to work on this when I get back. I know it’s been a long time since the last update, so it’s going to be very interesting to see how much has changed since then… I look forward to receiving all of your emails to hard...@mweb.co.za with your latest totals for Southern Africa and the various other regions that have listing clubs on the website…J

That’s all for now!

Thanks and regards

Trevor