Admin notes on Gull

Garret Skead

Jan 6, 2021, 11:57:32 AMJan 6
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

Firstly, a number of people have asked me for updates on the Sooty Gull. Sadly, the bird has not been seen since 08:40 on Monday, last seen flying across the river towards the south. Subsequent searches have been unsuccessful. Let’s hope that the bird is relocated somewhere along the coast. (And let’s assume it may very well have gone north too!)

Secondly, I believe that some SARBN subscribers didn’t receive my first email when the Sooty Gull was found at Kei Mouth. This might be that it landed in your junk folders (perhaps because of the word “giga”?). So for those who never received the initial alert, please check your junk folder and mark the email as safe, so that you hopefully won’t miss any in future.

However, I believe the majority of subscribers did get the email, and I can confirm it was sent out timeously.

Kind regards
Garret