SARBN: BirdLife South Africa photography competition

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 18, 2024, 12:28:03 PMJun 18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

Hi again all SARBN subscribers,

The second non-rarity related post today… but definitely for a good cause…!

BirdLife South Africa are running their annual photographic competition again and I know that a very large proportion of the thousands of subscribers to SARBN are photographers as well, so I just wanted to remind you all about it. The competition closes at midnight on 30 June, so you have just 12 days left to dig out all of those glorious bird photos of yours and submit them to the competition.

There are some absolutely incredible prizes up for grabs across the various categories and I certainly wouldn’t mind a few of those prizes for myself…J More importantly, all funds raised through this competition go directly towards the very important conservation work that BLSA is busy with and, if for no other reason at all, that should be enough encouragement for people to enter. Whether you win a prize/category or not, the mere fact that you have actually entered will be helping to save the birds that we all love!

I have no involvement with the competition at all and am also excluded from entering myself, so am only sharing this because it is a worthwhile cause.

All rules, details on how to enter, details on the various categories and details on the prizes are available at https://www.birdlife.org.za/photography-competition-2024/ . Pop over and have a read, select your photographs and get them entered before 30 June!

There is a small fee to enter (and this is how the funds are being raised) but, if you are already a member of BirdLife South Africa, the entry fee is less than if you are not a member. Of course, I would hope that the bulk of SARBN subscribers are all already members of BLSA, so then this shouldn’t be an issue…J And, if you are not already a member of BLSA, come on… do your part… join this incredible organisation and help them to “give conservation wings”…!

Alright, that’s enough for now… I really hope that many of you will consider entering the competition and good luck to all of you who do.

Now, back to rarities…J

Kind regards

Trevor