SARBN: further update on European Pied Flycatcher

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 19, 2024, 7:00:05 AMJun 19
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

A message to all potential EUROPEAN PIED FLYCATCHER twitchers,

I’ve just been informed that Ruzawi School will be closing today for half-term and that there will be no access for birders to get on to the property to look for the bird from tomorrow onwards. Access will be available again from Tuesday morning, 25 June 2024, onwards.

Also, if you are planning on going to look for it, you need to make contact with Andrew Savory beforehand at +263 77 618 7910 to request access to the property. Andrew will require your name, the time that you intend arriving and the registration number of the vehicle you will be arriving in, so that he can inform the security accordingly so that they know to expect you.

Thanks to Piet and Wendelin Zwanikken for providing this info that I could share with the rest of you.

Kind regards

Trevor