SARBN: Cape Rare Bird Alert group on Telegram

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 9, 2022, 10:31:30 AM6/9/22
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I realise that my earlier post about the Snowy Sheathbill and mentioning the Telegram group was a little ambiguous so, just for clarity, if you contact me to be added to the group, I would be sending you the link to join the Cape Rare Bird Alert group on Telegram. It is not a separate group set up to just deal with Sheathbill sightings as many of you who have contacted me already have asked about (and I realise that I was not particularly clear about that in my previous message).

This is a very active group, probably the most active in the entire subregion, and deals with rarities and out of range birds throughout the Western Cape. And, in the height of the rarity season, it can be very busy with lots of reports and updates coming through. So, just be warned…J

Anyway, it’s great to have so many new members joining that group and let’s hope that the Sheathbill plays ball a little better over the next few days…!

Kind regards

Trevor